One of the greatest benefits to owning an iOS Device is the wealth of health applications available. Since smartphones have worked their way into our lifestyles, they may as well be healthy lifestyles, right? As such, Withings—a company that already specializes in health apps and hardware—has announced the free Withings Health Companion app.
Designed to be the “ultimate health and wellness application” Withings Health Companion enables iOS users to store, access and manage their weight, physical activity, and heart and sleep data on a single, user-friendly dashboard.
From the press release:
The Withings application acts as a user’s personal health companion and becomes the hub for data collected from a range of internet connected devices or manually by the user. That data is then aggregated onto a simple and easy to use dashboard. The Withings Health & Wellness Cloud makes the app compatible with the Withings WiFi Body Scale, Withings Smart Blood Pressure Monitor, BodyMedia FIT armbands, Zeo Personal Sleep Coach and Runkeeper It also allows Withings users to seamlessly export their weight data to other 60 fitness friendly partner applications.
In addition to collecting and displaying data, this central application gives users a visual representation of their health in the form of a butterfly that is comprised of four colored wings: weight (pink), activity (orange), sleep (blue) and heart (green). These colored ‘wings’ represent how well users are monitoring their health and also whether the data collected by the health tracking devices show that goals are being met. The wing colors grow and shrink based on the users’ data and gives them a quick glance at their comprehensive health without worrying about numbers.
Withings Health Companion features include the ability to:
- Easily access weight, activity, heart and sleep data from one centralized dashboard.
- Seamlessly import data from connected devices and apps, including Withings WiFi Body Scale, Withings Smart Blood Pressure Monitor, BodyMedia FIT armbands, Zeo Personal Sleep Coach, and Runkeeper.
- Log data manually for tracking without a connected device.
- Understand what impacts health and receive tips based on the data collected.
- Set reminders and weekly achievable goals to monitor progress.
- Visually see health progress at a glance from the dashboard for a comprehensive view.
- See historical health charts for each area of data: weight, activity, heart and sleep.
- Share results with physicians, family members, email or other external partners
Withings Health Companion is available now from the Apple App Store, and will soon be available for Android.