You have only thirteen days to take advantage of the latest Humble Bundle, in which you pay what you want for four games with a fifth one available if you pay more than the average. As a bonus, all of the soundtracks to the games are included in both MP3 and FLAC formats.
Separately, you’d have to spend $52 for all of the games, but with the Humble Bundle you set the price and determine how much goes to the developers, charities (Electric Frontier Foundation, Child’s Play), and Humble Bundle itself.
- Fieldrunners – Take your towers on the offensive against an endless sprawl of baddies in this tower defense classic. Your goal is to keep your opponents from crossing the battlefield and taking you down. Populate everything in between with deadly towers and create intricate mazes to incinerate, freeze, laser, and electrocute your way to victory.
- BIT.TRIP BEAT – A charming, retro-inspired music rhythm game. Players must deflect an onslaught of projectiles, each successful deflection resulting in a musical sound. Link ‘em together to get a rhythm going! Every move is crucial, as letting anything through will threaten to disrupt the beat. This is the BIT.TRIP sensation that has, so far, spawned five awesome spin-offs and sequels.
- SpaceChem – In SpaceChem, players take on the role of a Reactor Engineer, designing complex reactors that transform raw atoms into the complex chemicals needed to survive sinister threats on the frontier colonies of space. It’s a maddeningly addictive puzzle game, and with the help of the built in level editor, it’s ensured you’ll have plenty of challenging atomic manipulation at your fingertips.
- Uplink – Break into computer systems and nab valuable, secret information as you take on the role of a hacker for-hire in Uplink. The hacking gameplay in Uplink is textbook cyberpunk, complete with cracking software, credits, and nasty megacorporations. It’s like a puzzle-adventure with all the action taking place between bits and bytes in cyberspace.
- Spirits (bonus game) – In this beautiful puzzle-platformer, autumn has arrived and you must help the spirits of fallen leaves find their way home. With only indirect control at your fingertips, you must choose a few good spirits to build stairs, change wind flow, and act as guides for the rest of the spirits, making decisions that may ultimately sacrifice the few to save the many.
All of the games can be played on either OS X, Windows, Linux, or Android, and you can either unlock them on Steam if you pay $1 or more or download DRM-free versions. You’re not limited to a single platform; you get access to these games on all of those supported. Play Uplink on your Mac and SpaceChem on your Android smartphone without having to buy a separate bundle for each.
Each game has separate system requirements, but if your Mac is running OS X v10.6 you’ll be able to play all of them without any trouble.
Humble Bundle’s website has more more information on how to purchase a bundle for yourself or a friend. Just remember you only have thirteen days before this deal ends for good.