Frozenbyte has announced that the Trine 2: Goblin Menace expansion is now available via the Steam store online, and is on sale along with Trine and Trine 2. The game is a lushly-illustrated side-scroller that can be played solo or with three-person multiplayer, focusing on three heros (Fighter! Mage! Thief! Sing along, you know the words!) fighting off legions of enemies to save their world.
The expansion costs $6.79 (15% off the normal price of $7.99) and requires the full version of Trine 2 to play.
Here are the bullet points on the expansion:
- Improves the original game with six new abilities, including the time-slowing bubble, the kitesail shield, object magnetization and prison box!
- All abilities are also usable in the original Trine 2
- A new story-driven adventure featuring the Heroes struggling against new goblin villainy
- 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand worm
- Even more improved visuals and a completely new soundtrack
- New enemies and bosses, including the lethal goblin war-machine
If you’d like to see what the gameplay looks like, check out the game trailer below:
Product [Trine 2: Goblin Menace]