Walmart is offering the new iPhone 5 16GB model at the low price of $189.97. For the first time, customers will be able to pre-order the new iPhone 5 at their local Walmart, starting at 8 a.m. local time on Friday, September 14. The iPhone 5 will go on sale for everyone beginning 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 21.
The pre-order process is simple.
- Pick up a reservation card in the wireless and/or connection center at your local Walmart.
- Pay a $25.00 deposit toward the purchase of the iPhone 5.
- On September 21, bring your reservation card and receipt to the store where you originally purchased the reservation card.
- Customers who pre-order will receive a $4.99 VUDU movie credit toward the purchase of any movie of your choice.
Other versions of the iPhone are on Rollback effective immediately and available while supplies last.
- Apple iPhone 4, 8GB — $0.97 (original price $48.88)
- Apple iPhone 4S 16G — $89.97 (original price $148)
- Apple iPhone 5 — $189.97
I called my local Walmart and the employee stated that they are still accepting pre-orders. Leave a comment if you were or weren’t able to pre-order the iPhone 5 at your Walmart.