Apple has pushed an update to Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 alongside today’s iOS 6 launch. The OS X update brings a couple of software enhancements to Mountain Lion, including new Facebook integration, as well as improvements to Game Center, Safari and Power Nap. In addition, it now supports deeper integrating with iOS 6, including Passbook passes and iMessage/FaceTime access via phone number.
Main highlights about Apple’s Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 Update:
- Single sign on for Facebook
- Adds Facebook as an option when sharing links and photos
- See Facebook friends’ contact information and profile pictures in Contacts
- Facebook notifications now appear in Notification Center
- Share scores to Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or Messages
- Facebook friends are included in Game Center friend recommendations
- Added Facebook “Like” button for games
- Challenge friends to beat your score or achievement
Other new features
- Adds Power Nap support for MacBook Air (Late 2010)
- iMessages sent to your phone number now appear in Messages on your Mac
- You can now add passes to Passbook (on your iPhone or iPod touch) from Safari and Mail on your Mac
- FaceTime can now receive calls sent to your phone number
- New shared Reminders list.
- New sort options allow you to sort notes by title, the date you edited them, and when you created them
- Dictation now supports additional languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Korean, Canadian English, Canadian French, and Italian
- Dictionary app now includes a French definition dictionary
- Sina Weibo profile photos can now be added to Contacts
OS X v10.8.2 is currently available via the Software Update functionality in the Mac App Store.