No, not that one. Chillingo has announced that their new game—E.T.: The Green Planet—is now available in the app store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The game is focused on healing a planet by raising a beautiful garden of alien life and most assuredly does not feature the beloved E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial repeatedly falling into pits until his energy expires and he dies. DIES.
The new game—released as part of the 30th anniversary of the original film and not, repeat not, as a celebration of the Atari 2600 game—is available as a 66MB digital download that cannot be crushed into pieces and buried in the desert under tons of blacktop.
E.T.: The Green Planet, lets you:
- Experience the magical world of The Green Planet and its inhabitants
- Grow and nurture exotic new plant varieties and watch your garden grow
- Collect recognizable artifacts from the film and construct a communicator to contact Earth
- Cross-breed seeds to create amazing new plant hybrids
- Bring the planet to life with beautiful original artwork and animation
- Visit your friends’ gardens on The Green Planet and invite new players via Facebook and Twitter
E.T.: the Green Planet is available for free in the app store, and is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad, and requires iOS 4.1 or later.