Got more room for another weather app on your iOS device? If you do, you might want to check out eWeather HD, which incidentally was just update to a newer version. This weather app promises to give you a visually stunning, feature-rich weather app with the latest weather information, local current conditions, extended forecast and more.
What is it?
Yes, it’s another weather app for iOS. So, what makes it different from the rest? The app’s many features may not be too different from the rest of the weather apps for iOS devices, so we will just highlight some of its key features and let you decide whether this eWeather delivers the goods you’re looking for in such an app.
eWeather uses two weather sources located in the U.S. and E.U. You choose which source is applicable to your location, and the app will then yield hourly forecasts as well as a full ten day forecast for your current location. There’s also the barometric pressure trends and earthquake data for those located in earthquake-prone areas. The app also gives you detailed and precise radar maps.
Summing up its key features:
- Two reliable, accurate data sources based in the U.S. and E.U
- 130,000 locations worldwide
- Extended long-term 10-day weather forecast
- Precise 24-hourly forecasts
- Weather maps as they appear on TV (current weather + forecast)
- “Follow me” location (it updates when you open the app, so you always know your local weather)
- Severe weather alerts, hurricane alerts, and other advisories
- Weather and temperature changes in the Notification Center
- Current temperature / “Feels like” temperature on your home screen using the “app badges”
- High-definition animated radar on zoomable maps (NEXRAD, U.S. only)
- Worldwide earthquakes provided by USGS and EMSC
- Clock and world weather
How does it work?
The app is pretty straighforward. In fact, its easy-to-use interface is one of its key selling points. The first time you fire up the app, you’ll be greeted by the main screen containing pressure, humidity and wind information for your current location. Down below is the 10-day weather forecast. On the lower left portion of the screen is the refresh icon which should get you the updated weather information in your current location.
At the upper right portion of the screen are the earth and clock icons. Tap on the earth icon and the app shifts to the map view with weather current temperature in your location and nearby areas. Tap on the clock icon to bring out a huge weather clock with temperature information per hour. While in map view, you can tap on a particular location to reveal the area’s 5-day weather forecast.
Is it contagious?
Given all those mentioned key features, do we still need to state that eWeather is a great weather app for your iOS device? If you want to be sure of what the weather’s going to be like in any given day, grab this app from the app store. It’s price is justified by the useful information you’ll get from it.