Borderlands 2—a four-player cooperative shooter/looter game that combines intense first-person mayhem with RPG elements—is coming out for OS X on November 20th. Developed by Gearbox Software and brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media and 2K Games, Borderlands 2 will enable friends to play together online with drop-in-drop-out capabilities.
Borderlands 2 allows gamers to:
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that’s your thing! More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
- Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
- Use millions of possible weapons for new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- Lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more on Pandora.
- Discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn, from the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns and beyond.
- Face new enemies such as the hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack.
“Aspyr prides itself on bringing the best in gaming to the Mac audience,” said Ted Staloch, Vice President of Aspyr Media. “Borderlands 2 is definitely among the best. Most sequels have a hard time living up to the first, but Borderlands 2 manages to improve on every cool aspect of Borderlands, and still finds a way to wrap the player up in a new story with a new experience.”
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Borderlands 2 will be available in both digital and boxed formats on November 20th.
Product [Borderlands 2]