Hungry? Well, this game can’t feed you, but it’ll make you more addicted to sushi. To all sushi lovers out there, these Sushi-loving monsters are ready to roll out in this new multiplayer match-3 puzzle game.
What is it?
Sushi Mushi is an addictive multiplayer match-3 game from Aspyr Media. The game’s concept is similar to Bejeweled Blitz, but it involves three players tasked to create sushi rolls to feed the hungry monsters.
Once you open the game, you will be greeted with loveable characters and a storyline, smooth animations and background music that sets the tone of the game. It’s really addictive because it’s easier to connect the colours and shapes of the sushi rolls.
How does it work?
Players are allowed to choose a monster and play against other sushi-loving monsters. The primary task is to create as many sushi rolls as possible in order to feed the character of your choice. You need to be very keen when it comes to the sushi colours and shapes—advanced moves equal higher scores. Make sure you get all the same sushis before the timer stops. You will get bonuses from the offensive and defensive rolls, so brace yourself and start matching the rolls as fast as you can.
Highlights, as listed on App Store:
- Fast-paced, quick-thinking gameplay – Use touch-and-drag motion to quickly match sushi bites
- Asynchronous Multiplayer – Take turns with your friends and play when you’re ready
- Single player snack mode – Practice your combos
- Deep strategy – Use defensive and offensive combos
- Specials and Surprises for big scores
- 10 loveable monsters – More on the way!
- Monster belt level progression – Reach Black Belt level for big Dojo respect
- Fortune Cookie gifting – Help your friends win coins
- Unlimited Challenges – Earn coins and level up by completing challenges
- Facebook Connect integration
Is it Contagious?
Personally, I found Sushi Mushi addictive. Although it’s a bit challenging because of the time limit, I enjoy matching colours and shapes as fast as I could. I also like the match-3 game, where I can play with my friends on Facebook and compare scores in the GameCenter leader board.
Sushi Mushi is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. In-app purchases for a “pocket full of coins” start at $0.99.