Nokia has brought its mapping service to iOS devices via the HERE Maps app, which was just released on the App Store. Compatible with both iPhone and iPad, HERE Maps promises to make you feel like a local no matter where you are.
The app lets you see your current location, search and discover nearby points of interest, and get a feel for the place. You can also collect places to remember or for later, as well as explore new destinations. The app tells you how to get to a particular destination by foot, car or public transport.
Nokia uses the NAVTEQ mapping data which is being used in 90% of in-car navigation systems in the world. This means that mapping data is likely pretty accurate, and we’re assuming you won’t get lost along the way.
HERE Maps’ full features are enumerated below:
- Map views – Pick the map you need from map view, live traffic view, public transport line view or satellite view
- Save map areas & wander without data coverage
- In selected countries, access community maps created and updated by users
- Maps, search and place coverage for nearly 200 countries
- Search with history and suggestions
- Share places with just a tap, including the location and how to get there, over SMS, email, or social networks
- Organize places you love into Collections
- Sign in to HERE Maps with your Nokia Account or Facebook login
- Sync with Here.net – Access your Collections anywhere
- Step-by-Step voice-guided walk navigation
- Walk navigation through pedestrian routes, parks, alleyways, and more
- Public transportation and driving directions
If you’re tired of the inconsistencies and flaws of Apple’s Maps app, you might want to give HERE Maps a try…at least while you’re waiting for Google Maps to be released on the App Store.
Product [HERE Maps]