This week on the Free Apps Roundup: It’s Black Friday, which could mean a number of things. You could have: A.) just returned from standing in tremendously long lines waiting for a few rare deals, B.) just woken up because you already bought all of your holiday gifts since you’re just so prepared, or C.) just remembered how much you dislike Black Friday. No matter what, you’d probably love a list full of free apps that your wallet doesn’t need to know anything about.
The Top Three:
- HERE Maps – Nokia’s promised free voice guided navigation app is finally HERE. The maps are based on NAVTEQ mapping data and can direct you by foot, car or even public transportation. If Apple’s own Maps app isn’t doing it for you, this is the next logical app to try out.
- Dragon Slayer – It’s time to start hunting…dragons, that is. This is a visually spectacular, magic-based combat game. You’ll be challenging massive dragons, casting deadly spells and upgrading your equipment along the way. And the graphics and motion comic story will keep you coming back for more.
- Verticus – When someone like Stan Lee is involved with a game, you should probably check it out. And to celebrate Thanksgiving, they’ve made this game free for a short time. You are Verticus, a superhero equipped with a high tech, heat-resistant jump suit. And you guessed it, the fate of the world is in your hands.
- Amazon Mobile – The latest update to this app helps you keep track of your orders with information about when they shipped and their delivery statuses. You can even turn on daily notifications for lightning deals so you don’t let a good deal pass by.
- Heroes of Order & Chaos – Team up and fight with your friends in this multiplayer online battle arena game. Form a team, strengthen yourselves and wipe out enemy bases.
Free for a limited time:
- MagicalPad – A mind mapping utility to help you organize your ideas and notes.
- FiLMiC Pro – Turn your mobile device into a broadcast worthy, high definition video camera with this app.
- Negative Nimbus – If you’ve ever wanted to rain on someone’s parade, this is the game for you. I can’t promise there is a parade in this app, but you are a cloud, and you’re a bit of a downer.
- TumbleOn – View Tumblr images with ease using this app.
- TumbleOn HD – The same for iPad.
- ActMonitor – Here’s a utility to keep view system info about your device.
- Tap Tap Revenge 4 – This is the longest-running, most-downloaded music discovery and gaming app of all time. It’s also quite possibly the only one.
- Galaxy On Fire 2 – An award-winning space shooter with superb graphics.
- Starbounder – Take control of your spaceship and navigate through 60 levels across 6 sectors of space in this game that delivers the kind of intensity that apparently only a true gamer can handle.
- Bit-1 – Take a journey up a stairway into another dimension to save your beloved. Shoot and jump your way though 25 stages with amazingly pixelated graphics.
- Fantasy Conflict – An adventure filled game of magic, strategy and humor.
- Fantasy Conflict – The same for iPad.
- Total Recoil – An explosive arcade shooter game.
- NFL Kicker 13 – Now you can finally be the most sought after player on the team: the kicker.
- Luxor – It’s a lot like Zuma, if you’ve ever played that game. Basically, you shoot colored orbs towards a row of moving colored orbs with the objective of lining up 3 or more of the same color to make them disappear before they reach the end of the track. It’s simple and fun.
- Asphalt 7: Heat – This is a visually stunning racing game with 60 different cars from the most prestigious manufacturers. Just download it before they realize it’s still free.
- Gangnam Style Story – This is the story of a man who only wanted to dance. Help him dance his way into the olympics by dancing athletically through obstacle courses. Gangnam Style. I can seriously think of nothing better at this very moment.
- Earthlapse – If you’re anything like me, then you’ve dreamed of visiting the international space station and gazing back towards the Earth. This app lets you do just that, without the micro gravity, of course.
- GoSum – Think Scrabble, but instead of words, you write equations. Go Math!
- GoSum HD – The same for iPad.