Wheel of Fortune has apparently been on the air for 30 seasons. That means that when it started, contestants and hosts were likely still allowed to smoke and get drunk on set. That’s not to say they, did, but you know.
Anyway, in celebration. Sony Pictures Television has launched its new Wheel of Fortune game for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android and Kindle Fire. The app features Pat Sajak as host, a story mode that takes players through 30 years of Wheel of Fortune’s rich, iconic history, and a “Pass & Play” mode to instantly play against family and friends.
Players feel like real contestants on America’s most popular game show as Pat Sajak guides gamers through a true-to-show experience. Featuring customizable avatars, themed content and numerous puzzles crafted by the show staff, Wheel of Fortune provides hours of captivating gameplay.
Key features include:
- Pat Sajak – For the first time, 3D Pat Sajak will guide players through an authentic Wheel of Fortune experience.
- Single Player Solo Mode – A new story-based career mode takes players on a journey through the sets of Wheel of Fortune’s rich 30-year history.
- Pass & Play – Challenge family and friends in person to step up to the wheel and take a spin in this head-to-head multiplayer mode
- Avatar Personalization – Players can customize their in-game avatars with a full set of features—from hairstyles and eyewear to clothing items and other accessories
- Achievements –Unlock achievements by completing various actions in the game, such as progressing through Solo Mode or winning the Jackpot
- Themed Content – Themed puzzles and avatar items are now available for purchase for even more Wheel of Fortune fun (e.g. Monster Pack, School Time, Night on the Town, etc.)
Wheel of Fortune is a universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and is available now in the App Store for $2.99. Additional content is available via in-app purchase, but I’m pretty sure you have to have to pay real money to buy a vowel.