Dungeons & Dragons Online is coming to the Mac with a newly released OS X beta client. Explore the planet of Eberron using Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 rules in this free-to-play game from Turbine.
You’ll need a fairly new Mac to be able to run Dungeons & Dragons Online. While you may be able to use a less powerful machine than the general requirements, Turbine hasn’t been able to do extensive testing. If your Mac is running OS X v10.7 or v10.8 and you’d like to give it a try, you can download the 7.4 GB .DMG file and follow the installation instructions.
- Processor: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor w/3MB on-chip shared L3 cache (Power PCs are not supported)
- Memory: 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
- Storage: 500GB (7200 rpm) hard drive or 256GB flash storage
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
This follows the release of a Mac client to Turbine’s other MMO, Lord of the Rings Online, that’s also currently in beta testing.
Product [Dungeons and Dragons Online]