2012 is coming to a close, and various Macintosh hardware/software developers are having their year-end clear out sales. It doesn’t make much sense, I know, since most of these are digital downloads that don’t actually need to be cleared out of anything, but let’s not worry about semantics when we’ve got deals to consider, okay?
This list will surely expand between now and 2013, so check back often.
- New – The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale. This year, they’ve taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.
- Aspyr has announced that Borderlands 2 is available no on the Mac App Store with exclusive “Fired Up” skins, along with a unique head for each character and a Contraband Sky Rocket grenade mod. To celebrate the season, Borderlands 2 on the Mac App Store will be 25% off throughout the holidays (holiday price of $44.99).
- G5 Entertainment has announced a super sale on its 26 award winning games. Through January 1, 2013, many of their games are available at up to 60% off. Whether you’re a lover of hidden object adventures or time management games and are an owner of iOS, Mac, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook device, this sale will end your year on a high note.
- New – Zevrix Solutions has extended its holiday season sale until January 5. The company offers 50% discount on everything in Zevrix online store including product bundles. Zevrix produces such popular plug-ins for Adobe InDesign automation as LinkOptimizer, Output Factory and InPreflight, as well as productivity solutions for graphic files checkup, Microsoft Office, file delivery and PDF workflow automation.
- New – Mariner is closing out the year with its Annual eStore Savings Spectacular. All non-upgrade desktop apps are discounted by 50% from now until January 1, 2013. Included is a drawing which will be held on January 4th, when Mariner will give away an iPad Mini.
- New – Don’t stay behind the times; start the New Year off right with QuarkXPress 9.5. Purchase a new full product licence of QuarkXPress 9.5, and you’ll get another licence worth $999 for free.
- Adobe has released a second round of special holiday pricing on Adobe.com for Lightroom 4 ($129.99), Photoshop Elements 11 ($79.99), Premiere Elements 11 ($79.99), and the Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11 bundle ($99). Pricing is valid Dec. 16 through Jan. 6, 2013.
- Not a sale, but a giveaway. MacXDVD Software is hosting a mega giveaway that Santa Claus himself would be proud of. Everyone is entitled to access the first gift MacX Video Converter Pro under the tree by the holiday courtesy, chock-full of surprising huge savings. The second round of giveaway will be followed by MacX iPhone iPad Video Pack. This Christmas giveaway carnival begins right now and will be continued over the course of Christmas holiday till Jan.7, 2013.
Hardware / Accessories
- Dress up your MacBook, iPhone, iPad and/or iPod touch with 15% off everything from GelaSkins until the end of 2012.