This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Have you ever seen those videos made of a single picture taken of the same person each day for a really long time? Now you can do one better with 1 Second Everyday. It’s an app that doesn’t want one picture, it wants one second of video. It doesn’t sound like much, but as the days go by, your video will accumulate into a record of the past. If you’re not the nostalgic type, no worries because there’s plenty more, like The Blockheads, which is a highly pixelated world to be explored. Or maybe you want to dabble in creating some art with ArtRage on iPhone. All this and more…
The Top Three:
- 1 Second Everyday – This is a very unique app that wants to help you record your life, one second at a time. The idea is this; every day from now on you use this app to record a single second of video. Why? Because 30 years from now you won’t remember a thing about today. This app can change that. It’s super easy to do, takes almost no time at all and can help you relive your life in a relatively short video. You can even use this app with multiple timelines, which means more than one person can keep track of their own one second per day video on the same device. If you’re forgetful, the app can even remind you to record a video. Then, when you’re ready, the app will compile any given amount of time into a video.
- The Blockheads – Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. You can navigate through huge simulated worlds full of blocks. The worlds even have temperature and climate systems, seasons, caves, flowing water, deserts and snowy mountain tops. The worlds are randomly generated and full of areas to explore.
- ArtRage for iPhone – This is one of the best apps out there for realistic painting and drawing tools. It’s a powerful physical paint simulation that lets users of all skill levels experiment with painting and drawing. It even keeps track of how much and how wet the paint on the canvas is for accurate color blending. But it’s not just a simulation, this app can do more than a real canvas; you can add layers. If you want to experiment with art in any way, download this app now before they short charging again.
- Zenonia 5: Wheel of Destiny – The next installment of this action RPG is here and ready to be played. Long ago, a great war was fought to restore peace and harmony to mankind, but they have again become corrupted. Be the hero by defeating impossible bosses and unravelling the mysteries.
- Take My Machete – Slice and dice your way through hordes of Aliens as you search for the missing pieces of the puzzle in this side scrolling arcade game.
Free for a limited time:
- NBA: King of the Court 2 – The #1 arcade NBA game is back and better than ever with all new graphics, shooting gameplay and interactive courts.
- Pronto – A handy circular timer app for any occasion. Just turn the knob to set the time and push start.
- Bean’s Quest – Do you enjoy side scrolling platformers? Then there’s a pretty good chance you’ll like this retro platformer with five unique worlds and over 150 challenges to complete.
- Sheep Abduction – If you were an alien, what would be your first order of business when you come to Earth? Abduct sheep, obviously. Actually, you’ll be tilting your iOS device to pick up sheep and drop them off where they belong, all while killing wolves with—what else?— lasers.
- Gene Pool – Play pool on the tiniest of scales. Your job is to keep your organism healthy by merging genes of the same color, which will then grow in size. And be sure to watch out for viruses.
- The Honey Badger Don’t Care – To understand how much the honey badger don’t care, you must become the honey badger. As the honey badger, you don’t care, but you are hungry, thus you must eat. You can run all over the place eating cobras, scorpions, and mice. Basically, you control two things, where you go, and whether you are currently mauling something.