Over two years ago, IK Multimedia made a name for themselves amongst iPhone owners with the release of the iRig guitar interface adapter for iOS Devices. It’s now 2013, and IK Multimedia has announced the “next generation” of the iRig: the iRig HD. It won’t be available until spring, but that hasn’t stopped it from receiving a “Best in Show” award at CES.
iRig HD provides guitarists, bassists, and other musicians a digital interface between their instrument and their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac. It’s of course compatible with IK Multimedia’s range of iRig and AmpliTube apps, as well as any other real-time processing app/software such as GarageBand.
From the press release:
iRig HD features crystal clear digital signal thanks to its superior 24 bit converter, an onboard gain control for perfect level setting, a low power consumption circuit for longer device battery life, plus an ultra-slim design and interchangeable adapter cables for maximum portability and universal compatibility. As many other IK accessories, iRig HD is also made in Italy for the highest possible manufacturing quality.
iRig HD features include:
- Plug-in and play with every device
- Support for your favorite mobile music apps
- Mac compatibility to take advantage of the superior processing power of the Mac platform
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4” Hi-Z input jack
- Detachable cables for Lighting, 30 pin and USB connector compatibility
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24 bit A/D conversion
- Powered by the iOS device or USB
iRig HD pricing will be announced closer to the ship date this spring. In the meantime, you can learn more about the iRig HD by visiting www.ikmultimedia.com.