I’ve got Macworld | iWorld coming up at the end of the month, and that means I’ve got travel on my mind. Coincidentally, QuinnScape has updated their Packing Pro travel app while jRuston Apps has announced Travel Essentials. Wondering if either can help with your travel needs? Let’s take a look and see what they say.
Packing Pro allows you to easily set up extensive, customizable packing lists. The new version offers powerful multi-editing features (delete/copy/move/set) for list & catalog data, remaining-item badges for lists, and a Favorites folder to help speed up your list building.
Additional features include:
- Multi-item selection for speedy list building
- Multi-item editing for easy list & catalog management
- Collapsable categories with floating headers & running item tallies
- Numerous packing list sorting & display options
- Weight and value totals
- Favorites folder & functionality for quick, customized lists
- Send to email for print out & file sharing
- Import / export to other Packing apps and devices
- Fully customized device support for all sizes of iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
- Full multi-lingual support for English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese & Chinese (both traditional & simplified)
Packing Pro is available now for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for $2.99
Travel Assistant, on the other hand, does its work for you after your packing is done. Doesn’t matter if your traveling 100 miles or 3,000 miles, jRuston will tell you, it provides you with all the information you need.
Travel Essentials will track your flights for you, automatically. Simply enter your flight numbers and it’ll keep track of how they’re doing, informing you if a problem has occurred so that you can take immediate action. You’ll be the first to know if your flight has been delayed or cancelled.
One thing you’ll need to know when staying in a hotel is the check-in and check-out times. Enter the name of your hotel and the app will retrieve tons of information about it and save it for you. Find these times within seconds. Check if it has in-house dining or room service, too. You can even get directions to the hotel from your current location, no matter where you are.
Find great places to visit. Travel Essentials can find fun activities for you to do, no matter what your tastes are. It’ll even suggest places to go depending on the current weather. Find family-friendly locations, pubs & bars, restaurants, shopping areas and more at the tap of a button.
That’s pretty much everything you need, right? To learn more, check out Travel Essentials in the App Store, where it’ll run you $0.99 for iPhone and iPod touch.