Those of you left wondering why Adobe did not release an iPhone version of Photoshop Touch together with the iPad version can wonder no more. Adobe has just debuted Photoshop Touch for iPhone, which brings all the nice features of its counterpart iPad app to the smaller iPhone screen.
As such, you’ll be enjoying features such as layers, filters, paint strokes and camera fill, as well as synching and editing via Photoshop desktop software. Photoshop Touch for iPhone also has the Scribble Selection, a feature which allows you to use imprecise finger selection for picking out precise parts of a picture. The camera fill feature, on the other hand, lets you fill in a layer in your creations using your iPhone’s camera.
The app’s entry on the iTunes App Store lists the following features:
- Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
Photoshop Touch for iPhone and iPod touch is available now from the App Store for $4.99.
Product [Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone]