We’ve played and reviewed many hidden object games at AppleTell, but they always involve haunted mansions, undersea kingdoms and such. None involve your college dorm parties, the family reunion, or what you’re having for lunch today…until now. indiePub Entertainment has announced their first game developed entirely in-house: Pictago for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Using Pictago’s simple touch-and-drag tools, you can snap photos or use pictures already on your iDevice’s camera roll and convert them into hidden object games to share with your friends and family members.
Send the games you create with Pictago to your friends and challenge them to find stuff you’ve hidden in your room or spot all the awesome tchotchkes on your desk. Set up a silly scene or simply use that wacky picture of you and your friends already on your iOS device. Have an awesome photo bomb? Make it into a game with Pictago and see how long it takes your friends to spot the “bomb.”
With Pictago you can also turn pictures into educational tools by tagging diagrams or even create a simple find-the-color game for your kids.
Pictago’s features include:
- The ability to use any image in your Photo Gallery, take new photos from within the Pictago app or import your Facebook photos and turn them into games.
- The ability to share your games with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter and email.
- A simple and familiar touch-and-drag tagging mechanic.
- Two game modes: List Mode where friends search for tagged items in any order and Single Item Mode where friends try to find hidden items in a specific order, one at a time.
- A Hints system to help find those especially well-hidden objects.
- A Tag Back feature to quickly re-tag a game and send it back to your Friend.
- A Leaderboard for each game.
- A World Feed where you can play the best games created by Pictago users from around the world.
It’s worth noting that even if you have an older iDevice without a built-in camera, the free download may still be worth it so you can play games created by your friends. Also, games can be shared between iOS and Android devices, so your less-cool Samsung owning friends won’t feel excluded.
Pictago is available now for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via Apple’s App Store for free.