What do you like better, putting stuff together or playing online games with your friends? No matter, it’s a trick question! Deepworld—the MMO crafting adventure game from Bytebin—lets you do both, and you can now do it on iPhone. Already available for OS X and iPad, the iOS version is now a universal app, connecting mobile players to a shared online universe of iOS and Mac users, and it does it for free.
And what exactly is Deepworld? That’s what press releases are for:
Deepworld is a massively multiplayer 2D crafting game set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk wasteland. Players can venture through mountains and ruined cities, delve into mazelike caves and underground bunkers, and scour for resources while fending off harrowing creatures of the deep. With a robust crafting and inventory system, Deepworld allows players to create hundreds of tools, building materials, decorations, and mechanical contraptions. Players can collaborate and trade with each other in thriving user-created cities and settlements—or they can settle in their own private worlds, available as in-app purchases. Deepworld’s persistent online universe allows players to jump into the game at any time, from any compatible device with an Internet connection, and continue playing from where they left off.
It’s also what YouTube is for.
To be successful at Deepworld, players will:
- Explore: Delve into the depths of a constantly changing and expanding world and dig for precious resources, using touch controls specially refined for the iPhone.
- Create: Return the world to its former glory using hundreds of items and materials, all via a simple one-touch crafting system.
- Fight: Use crafted weapons to fend off mutant creatures, or construct defenses to protect valuable creations. Battle other players for supremacy in deadly PvP arenas.
- Collaborate: Meet and join fellow adventurers while exploring the wasteland. Form guilds, trade resources and rare items, and band together to take down the most dangerous foes.
- Customize: Alter in-game appearance at will. Gather clothing, hats, masks, and other special customizations from the environment. Earn skill points through achievements, and use them to level up abilities—including mining, crafting, agility, and more.
Deepworld for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available now for free. Players will want to be sure to grab the OS X version, as well (a Windows version is coming soon). For more information, visit deepworldgame.com.