This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Are you in the mood to run from the cops? I mean, virtually, with a virtual car. Reckless Getaway has you robbing a bank, though the game is actually centered around getting away with it. But what really has me excited this week is that Apple has updated their own Podcasts app with some shiny new features. Sure they’ve redesigned the Now Playing view to make it a little better, and there were stability patches and whatnot, but the biggest feature is that now you can make stations (which are collections of podcast shows) and have them auto-update and sync across your devices with iCloud.
The Top Three Free Apps:
- Reckless Getaway – Robbing the bank was the easy part; now you have to get away with it. The fuzz is hot on your heels and you’ll have to outrun them while weaving in and out of oncoming traffic. It might be reckless, but it certainly isn’t wreck-less; smash and trash your way through 16 levels. But don’t wait too long to download this game, because it won’t be free much longer.
- TV for Reddit – Hey fellow Redditors, you might want to give this app a shot. It makes it easy to find and watch hundred of funny and interesting videos culled from from the internet by your favorite subreddits.
- Podcasts – Apple’s own Podcasts app has been a little disappointing. But with the newest update, it brings some features that are a few steps in the right direction. Now you can create custom stations of podcasts that automatically download new episodes as they are available. You can create playlists on the go and sync them to iTunes. The Now Playing view has been redesigned with better playback controls. But the biggest update is that your stations are now stored in iCloud and are kept up-to-date across all of your devices.
- Order & Chaos Duels – This collectible trading card game lets your battle with evil forces in many adventures or against real players for your spot on the leaderboard. There are over 250 cards to collect. Duels are fast and accessible on the go with spectacular special effects. You can even have asynchronous multiplayer fights.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Dossier – This app is an easy-to-use personal CRM, notebook or knowledge base. You can link notes with contacts in your Address Book, and Dossier will sort them as such. You can even attach other documents—like Office or iWork documents—to your notes.
- Voice Transformer – Whether you hate your voice, you might have fun hearing what you’d sound like as a chipmunk, a robot, a gangster or several other things.
- FriendCash – Who owes you money? If you used this app, you’d be able to easily keep track of that.
- PodCar – Turn your iPhone into a real media center for your car. It has a clock, stopwatch, live news, over 1,000 web radio stations, access your iPod library, a full screen browser, maps, weather data, and tons of customization options.
- PodCarHD – The same for your iPad.
- Solve – It’s a calculator, apparently, like no other. It solves your expressions as you type them and can store answers by touching them and recall them easily. There are four color coded tabs that keep separate calculations, well, separate.
- He-Man: The Most Powerful game in the Universe – By the power of Grayskull, have epic battles, awesome attacks, and see all of your favorite heroic Masters of the Universe as He-Man or She-Ra in 29 action-packed levels. But Castle Grayskull’s about to pull the plug on the sale, so go download it.
- Crazy Snowboard – Tilt your device to steer and pull off some massive air in this 3D snowboarding game. You can link tricks together to score big or maybe grind on some rails to boost your score. You can even go head to head against your friends with Game Center.
- Team Awesome – They were just four ordinary people, until a meteor made them awesome. It’s a side scrolling arcade game with everything. There are shiny gold coins, aliens, robots, explosions, cats, giant toxic spiders, oh my. Play 120 missions across 40 episodes.
- ICARUS – Top down shooting at its finest. There’s a story based on a myth, but do you really care? There are three aircrafts, Athena, Ares, and Poseidon, which have different moves to dispense with the enemy aircrafts attacking you. Shoot them down.