Flipboard casual and power-users might want to check out the latest version of the iOS app, which is now live in the iTunes App Store. The Flipboard update to v2.0 brings additional features aside from curating news content from your trusted sources. Specifically, Flipboard now lets you curate digital content based on similar topics to create and publish a digital magazine of that content.
The process of creating a magazine is pretty simple; you can do this as you use the app the usual way. While browsing for contents, you can just tap on the “+” to flip the content to your magazine. Once you’ve gathered enough material, the app will then create your digital magazine. This includes providing a nice and sleek layout complete with front cover composed of images it selected from the contents you’ve saved.
After your magazine is created you can then publish it. By that we mean, share it to your social network such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud, LinkedIn and Tumblr.
Other new features included in Flipboard v2.0 include:
- A new, visual Content Guide. Tap the Red Ribbon and you’ll see your own table of contents, all the magazines you’ve created, Notifications and lots of other goodies for you to peruse.
- Commenting on Flipboard. Inside a story, tap the source’s avatar in the lower left-hand corner to reveal Flipboard Comments. Draw in other Flipboard users with @mentions.
- Recommended Reading. In Cover Stories, you’ll find More to Read, a personalized list of things we think you’ll love, drawn from your social interactions.
- Subsections in partner magazines, newspapers and websites. On the second page of tablet editions, you’ll find new sidebars listing subsections for easier navigation.
- Fast section switching. Tap the section name at the top of any page to reveal related content and subsections.
- Optional Facebook Open Graph integration, bringing your Flipboard activity to your Facebook page in more meaningful ways.
For more information on Flipboard and the update, visit Inside Flipboard.