This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Whether you can’t find your friend, new music to listen to, or just a good game to play, this week’s list has what you’re looking for. Lively.fm wants to help you find new music by way of blogs across the world. Apple updated Find My Friends, which is just a good app to have (even more so with the newest updates) and Frontline Commando is a visually stunning WW2 shooter. All this and more…
The Top Three Free Apps:
- Lively.fm – The music in your library might be getting a little stale. It’s okay, it happens to everyone, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Lively.fm lets you listen to and discover the newest music from blogs around the world. Songs are quite literally being added every 10 minutes, and this app aggregates all of that for you. Give it a try and you might discover some great new music.
- Find My Friends – Where are my friends anyway? Thankfully, they all have iPhones and share their locations through this app, so I can keep track of them. Apple just updated this app with a refreshed user interface. They’ve even enhanced the location-based notifications that you can set. It’s just one of those apps you should have on your iDevice.
- Frontline Commando: D-Day – Haven’t had enough games based on WW2? Well then, lead the charge on D-Day and defeat the occupation forces and take back France. Storm the beach, clear the trenches and liberate towns in this 3rd person shooter with stunning graphics.
- Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover HD – If you like I Spy style games, you’re going to like this part interior design, part hidden object game.
- Nimble Quest – Lead a conga line of heroes to glory. You’ll be fighting hordes of enemies across an endless number of stages. Your party is unstoppable (think snake). All you have to do is swipe to cut a path of destruction through levels filled with enemies.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Shellrazer – Ride your giant war turtle to victory over the nasty goblins in this side-scrolling shooter. There are tons of levels, characters, and upgrades to keep you busy for as long as you’d like to play.
- Phoster – Turn your photos into posters (photo + poster = foster?) with this app. There are almost 200 templates in this app for you to use to make your own posters. As always, you can share your end design with the usual social tools.
- Busy – While it won’t do your work for you, it will help you figure out what needs to get done now. The idea is to get your most important tasks done first, so the rest of the day is a breeze. Don’t do it all at once, just tackle one thing at a time and actually finish it. Plus, the interface is very clean.
- Bobbleshop – Think you have a big head? This app wants you to see how your friends see you, as a tiny body with a great big head. You can create your own bobble-head doll complete with your choice of thousands of parts and accessories for customization. Then share your bobble with the world.
- Robotanika – Be the turret. It’s a turret shooter game that has you aiming your sights on an endless army of rampaging Robits that have overrun your world.
- Scribble Hero – Get drawn into the action-packed world where you’ll battle to save your notebook. You’ll battle next to a heroic doodle named Sketch against an army of sinister scribble and evil doodles.
- Sorcery Craft – Now you can be a real wizard, at least virtually. This app puts the wand in your hand and lets you cast spells, collect equipment, capture magic pets and become a legendary wizard online.
- Bookworm – If you like Scrabble, there’s a good chance you’ll like this word game. Join Lex the Bookworm in this game from PopCap Games. You’ll be linking tiles to build words. The bigger the better.
- Captain Antarctica – He may not have been in ice for decades, but he’s been on it and under it. In fact, this penguin is ready to make sushi of his enemies. Help rescue your wife and children by teaming up with a crazy inventor and riding an experimental fish-powered jet scuba suit. You’ll boldly go where no penguin has gone before. Have fun.
- Captain Antarctica HD – The same for iPad.
- jtpck – It’s a retro-styled game that has you maneuvering through six levels with a jetpack. Just don’t die. Got it?
- Infinity Space – Are you ready to explore the universe? Who isn’t? This game has you exploring the unknown in search of expanding humanity’s achievements. Visit planets never seen before by humans, improve your spaceship, set longest distance travel records and more.
- Death Rally – An action packed combat racer complete with global multiplayer and superb third person graphics. Even if online multiplayer isn’t your thing, there’s a huge single player career mode with tons of cars, upgrades, weapons and challenges to unlock. You can even race against Duke Nukem.