Guns of Icarus Online is a team-based multiplayer airship combat game for OS X, and for the next three days, you can pay what you want for it at IndieGameStand.
It’s not an easy life, but there’s nothing else like it. Plenty of folks like yourself have decided to slip the surly bonds of earth and take to the skies after hearing tales of bold Captains, fearless Gunners, and cunning Engineers and their high-flying exploits. Think you have what it takes to join their ranks?
Raising the stakes on team-based PvP combat with an emphasis on strategic competition and truly cooperative play, Guns of Icarus Online is the premier airship combat game that’s all about teamwork, tactics, and fast-paced action. With a good ship and the right crew, you can conquer the skies!
Guns of Icarus Online offers the following features:
- Goggles, gears, and glory: step into a richly crafted steampunk/dieselpunk-inspired world
- Pick a role to suit your play style: Captain or Crew, Pilot, Gunner, or Engineer
- Form a group with up to 4 friends and crew a ship together, or hire yourself out freelance
- Integrated voice chat keeps you in constant contact with your teammates
- Diverse ship classes and tons of weapons to choose from with realistic flight and projectile physics
- Massive air battles with up to 32 players in a match
- Multiple game modes including Deathmatch, King of the Hill, and Resource Race Genre-busting gameplay with strategy, navigation, shooter, and time-management elements
- Rise in the ranks! Earn titles and cosmetic items as you progress
- Achievement system fully integrated with Steam achievements
- Balanced, competitive matches reward strategic, skillful play, not level grinding
- Show off your style with a wide range of costumes and cosmetic options in the in-game store
- 1st person and 3rd person camera modes
- Custom games with spectator mode for streaming and tournament play
If you pay more than the average amount ($1.71 at press time), you also get the Captain’s Costume Pack (seen below) and the Original Soundtrack.
Guns of Icarus requires OS X 10.6 or later, a 2GHz processor with a dedicated video card with 256MB of VRAM, 2GB of RAM, and 3GB of hard drive space.