This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Let’s say you’re going on vacation and you take your iPhone. It’s likely you’re going to take a bunch of pictures and maybe a few videos. Chances are good you’ll want to share those with your friends and family. Disney’s Story app will do just that for you. It’s super-easy and customizable. You don’t even have to go to Disney to use it, though it wouldn’t be a bad idea to do so. If you’re itching for some new games, you’re going to be quite happy with this week’s selection of limited time freebies, because there are a lot. Have fun.
The Top Three:
- Story by Disney – You capture countless moments with photos and videos with your iPhone, why not gather those moments together into a personalized story? Story finds your photos and videos based on date and location to make assembling them into a story easy. You can let it do all the work or add captions, text, pick themes and layouts. After you’re done you can easily share your story with Facebook.
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol – The skies over Europe are a dangerous place during WWI, probably because of guys like your character in this game. You’ll take control of dozens of the most famous fighter planes of this era and head into a dogfight. There are over 120 missions using 30 authentic aircraft waiting to be flown and blown to pieces. You’ll control this immersive 3D strategy game with tilt and motion camera controls. There’s a single player campaign and you van do multiplayer missions through Game Center.
- Mushroom Wars Mini – The Mushroom folk have an unknown enemy causing mischief, turning neighbors against neighbor. It’s your task to lead the Mushroom Army to bring about peace in the forest. Mushroom Wars is a dynamic real-time strategy game where you must defeat enemy tribes or capture key strategic locations. Build villages, build your army, improve your weapons and more.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- TopNotes Pro – It’s a powerful app for handwriting and organizing notes, sketches, diagrams, illusions, and drawings. Notebooks are manageable, rearrangeable, etc. And you can pick from a plethora of writing tools and paper types.
- Adobe Ideas – Create freeform vector illustrations wherever you are with your iOS device. With a Creative Cloud membership, easily sync Adobe Ideas projects to Creative Cloud and open them for refinement in Illustrator CS6.
- Star Chart – Everyone should have a virtual star chart on his/her iPhone to reference. But this app is even cooler, it’s your high tech window to the whole visible universe. It uses augmented reality to show you what stars are where you are pointing, even during the day. Plus, you can explore the planets of the solar system, along with their moons, in 3D.
- Tap-Fu – The gesture based control system in this game will have you taping and swiping your way to kicking ninja butt.
- HeadshotsAlley – Shoot with your finger to blow away incoming bad guys in this 16-bit style old school 2D shooter.
- Halcyon – Named for the mythological bird of ancient Greece, this came is a spacial action puzzler combined with an interactive stringed instrument. Strum the strings to match the currents, creating both phonic and visual harmony.
- Carmageddon – The original freeform driving sensation, where pedestrians and cows equal points, and your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of automotive killing machines.
- Asphalt 7: Heat – Burn up the street with the fastest and most visually stunning edition of the Asphalt series. There are more than 60 cars from the most prestigious manufacturers and 15 tracks to race on.
- Tiny Troopers – Decked out in new uniforms and sporting the latest in military hardware, the troopers are just itching to get back into the fight. Test your mettle and lead your troopers to victory in their thrilling special operations.
- Bladeslinger Ep. 1 – Does a visually stunning, fast paced 3D action brawler sound like the kind of thing you’d like to play? Good. You’ll play as William Glaston as he returns to his hometown to confront an ancient evil.