Listen, robots, you’ve got three simple rules to follow. Three! Is that so hard? Apparently so, if Bad Bots is any evidence. Thankfully, we’ve got intense robot blasting action to remind them of just who built them, we’ve got the game on Steam for Mac and PC users to get the action started, and we’ve got it on sale for $7.50.
Bad Bots stars Sam McRae, a grease mechanic aboard the “Titan Hauler” space cargo ship who wakes from cryogenic hypersleep to discover the ship’s robotic crew has been reprogrammed to destroy humans. Even worse, the ship has been rerouted on an explosive collision course with Earth.
Isn’t that always the way?
Bat Bots lets you hack and blast your way through 170 danger-filled levels in homage to classic video games. Throughout, you will:
- Engage in combat against more than 2,000 deranged robots comprising several unique types, all programmed to kill you.
- Face off against 7 deadly bosses, each with distinctive attacks including the fire spewing Flamebot, electrified Orbs, the lethal grip of the Spider and Jack Hammer’s brutal pistons
- Defend yourself with 8 robot bustin’ weapons including your trusty Axe, Rifle, Shotgun, explosive Grenade Launcher, Pulsar Gun and more.
- Try to survive 60 seconds against an endless onslaught of especially persistent and cranky gun-toting, knife wielding robots in 3 unique rooms in Challenge Mode.
- Earn 14 challenging Achievements including “Run Amok,” “Top Dog” and “Reaper’s Friend.”
- Enjoy full Controller and Steam Big Picture support so you can partake in all the ‘bot slayin’ goodness from the comforts of your couch.