Wireless audio continues its push to the high end with Cambridge Audio’s Minx Air 100 and 200. Featuring AirPlay, Bluetooth, and built-in Internet radio, these powerful wireless speaker systems are designed to play music from just about any phone, tablet or computer in Hi-Fi quality.
Benefiting from Cambridge Audio’s vast Hi-Fi expertise, audio quality is simply stunning. Minx Air 100 and 200 are designed to deliver maximum possible detail from stored tracks and streaming services. Patented BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) speakers create a rich sound that’s more room-filling than similar-sized traditional speakers. BMR’s unique, hybrid design of pistonic and flat panel technology ensures you never have to find the “sweet spot” to enjoy your music. Meanwhile, a custom-developed digital amplifier guarantees heart-thumping performance, even at top volumes.
Before we get to the full features, it’s worth noting that Cambridge’s “pedigree of audio greatness” is on display here, as the Minx Air 100 and 200 were designed by the company’s in-house acoustic design team in London from the ground up—the same team that designs $3,000 amplifiers. Also, with the accompanying free Minx Air App, users will get preset controls, access to 20,000 internet radio stations, and easy setup.
Now, some details:
- Minx Air 100 – Ideal for kitchens, bedrooms and living spaces, Minx Air 100 packs a punch with 100W of power from a cabinet just 14” wide.
- Minx Air 200 – Easily filling the largest rooms with crystal clear audio, Minx 200 boasts a 200W set of digital amplifiers, plus a built-in active 6.5” subwoofer offers a supercharged audio experience still only measures a modest 18” wide.
- AirPlay connection – Apple’s wi-fi streaming technology means you can play high-quality audio from your iPhone, iPad or iTunes simply and wirelessly.
- Bluetooth connectivity (and enhanced Bluetooth) – Stereo Bluetooth is found in all tablets, smartphones and nearly every laptop or MacBook. Minx Air supports the Standard Bluetooth CODEC (SBC) as well as two superior sounding formats which many of today’s devices natively support: AAC and apt-X.
- Audio quality – Minx Air features a wealth of audiophile technologies including:
- High efficiency digital amplifiers for maximum power
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) – Minx Air’s 24-bit DSP runs processors featuring MaxxAudio® technology, which dramatically enhances audio performance. MaxxAudio is developed by Waves Audio, recipient of a Technical GRAMMY® award. Waves audio enhancements are used in top recording and mastering studios and are featured on hit records, major motion pictures and video games.
- Patented BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) speaker drivers for a wider, more room-filling sound than similar-sized traditional speakers
The Minx Air 100 and 200 are available direct from www.cambridgeaudio.com or from Cambridge Audio specialists for $449.00 and $599.00 respectively.