As expected, following the update to the Android version last week, Google has rolled an updated Google Maps for iOS. Currently in version 2.0, Google Maps iOS map brings a new interface design specific for the iPad and iPad Mini version. This, of course, takes into account the larger screen of Apple’s tablet than the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Aside from the new design for iPad, the updated Google Maps iOS app also includes enhanced navigation with incident reports and live traffic updates. These are the same features that were introduced to the Android version last week.
In addition, Google Maps also now features an Explore functionality which lets you browse popular places, including shopphing, playing, sleeping and restaurants. There’s also an indoor mapping functionality for malls, airports and transit stations.
The complete change log of the updated Google Maps for iOS is as follows:
- New design for iPad
- Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
- Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
- Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
- Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
- Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
The updated Google Maps is available now as a free download from the iTunes App Store.