Sony Creative Software has released an upgrade for their “audio spectrum editing” software SpectraLayers Pro 2. The upgrade brings seamless integration with the also updated Sound Forge Pro 11, but that version is PC only, so it doesn’t really do much good to talk about that here. SpectraLayers Pro 2 has plenty more going for it, though, that’ll please its Mac users.
Sony would have you know that:
SpectraLayers Pro 2 is the revolutionary, award-winning software application that stands as the undisputed leader in today’s audio spectrum editing movement. Extracting, layering, and processing audio in the spectral realm is now even quicker and easier in SpectraLayers Pro 2, which features a significantly faster processing engine, seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro 11, and a host of new tools, methodologies, and user interface improvements for even more convenience, creative options, and enhanced workflow. Spectral editing capability is now an expected, essential, and affordable tool for all audio professionals. Take it to the extreme with SpectraLayers Pro 2–available for both Mac and PC.
Then, they’d like you to be aware that update offers:
- Significantly Enhanced Performance: Enjoy faster spectral graph explorations in any scenario.
- Spectral Casting/Molding: Cast the frequency signature of one layer over that of another to derive a derivative layer that can be phase-inverted to create free spectral space for hard-to-distinguish sounds to occupy in a mix. Try a spectral alternative to typical side-chain/ducking processes, or tap this feature’s creative potential for incredible sound design possibilities.
- Shape Tool: Perfect for extracting drum sounds, simply point at a shape on the spectral graph and click to pull your hits over to a target layer.
- Frequency Range Display Options: Display frequency ranges plotted on your choice of logarithmic scales.
- One-Click Noise Extraction: A new one-click command executes your custom noiseprint over the target layer’s entire spectral expanse.
- Looping: Define a time range and engage looped playback to audition full-spectrum selections as well as frequency bandwidth-limited selections.
- New Resampling and Remixing Options: Freely define, route, and mix channels during the resampling process.
- Retina Ready: Peer deeper into the spectral graph while taking advantage of your Retina display equipped MacBook Pro.
SpectraLayers Pro 2 software for Mac and Windows is available now for $399.95. For more information, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.