Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years. You’ll create a dominant global empire with unprecedented freedom in how you want to rule your nation.
Paradox Development Studio has changed the pace, the balance, and the consequences of warfare in their latest creation, challenging tacticians everywhere to keep their nations together during times of strife. What price are you willing to pay to see your enemies slaughtered?
In Europa Universalis IV, you will:
- Make your own decisions — Nation building is flexible. Decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
- Use your Monarch Power — Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
- Experience history come to life — The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, creating a unique atmosphere depending on the country you play.
- See the world become your playground — Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay with a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
- Experience an all new trade system — The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
- Bring out your diplomatic skills — Deeper diplomatic gameplay with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Featuring a new unilateral opinion system that, for example, allows a country to dislike you while you remain neutral towards them.
- Engage in Multiplayer — Battle against your friends or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers and support for a standalone servers.
- Create your own history & customize your game — Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.
Europa Universalis IV will be available worldwide on August 13th for OS X, Windows, and Linux. Until it’s released, you can get special bonuses by pre-ordering the digital extreme edition for $44.99 or the standard edition for $39.99 at Paradox Interactive’s website, which has links to resellers (including Steam).