Electrocution events are becoming disturbingly common these days, and apparently not just in China. Recently, a man in the U.K. got shocked after he tried to unplug the charger from the socket. Tim Gillooley was coming out of the bathroom when his daughter, Chloe Gillooley, asked him to unplug the charger. Doing so resulted in a “massive electric shock” that threw Tim flying across the room and burnt his fingers.
According to Tim:
There was a huge bang and it blew me across the room. I was in shock. I was hysterically laughing for about two minutes. It was a bad shock that went down my arm. My mum was panicking and Chloe burst into tears. Nine times out of 10, Chloe would have gone to get it herself. I think it would have killed her.
Tim bought the iPad for his daughter in Liverpool last November, and there seemed to be a problem with the charger of the device. To get the issue resolved, Tim returned the iPad to the Apple Store where he was told there is nothing wrong with the charger or the iPad. Despite this, Tim purchased a new charger from the App Store with a new lightning cable.
The issue is being investigated by Apple, and they have asked Mr. Gillooley to send the remains of the charger for examination purposes.
If you remember, a Chinese flight attendant died recently due to an electric shock when she answered her iPhone 5 while it was charging. A second event also occurred on Chinese shores in which a man ended up in coma after he got electrocuted.
Stay safe and make sure you take precautions when you are working with electrical appliances.
Via [Daily Mail]