We’re late to the presses with this one, but some of the news that got buried under our Apple media event coverage still deserves attention. Earlier this month, HARMAN International announced two sets of distinctly different speaker systems that will look equally unique sitting on your desktop: the JBL Pebbles and JBL Spark.
The JBL Pebbles is a compact, plug-and-play, USB powered stereo speaker system for the desktop. The minimalistic, tire-shaped design seamlessly blends with your desk (and hopefully doesn’t kick pebbles onto your screen), while the built-in cable management and single digital audio/power USB cable line keeps away clutter.
The unique rotating volume control syncs up with your computer. Proprietary technology engineered by HARMAN delivers best-in-class natural sound, with clarity in the high end and deep, sonorous bass. Also, because your computer is not the only place you store your music, JBL Pebbles features an AUX-in port for your smartphone or MP3 player.
The JBL Pebbles also feature:
- Digital signal processing and SlipStream Technology ensure outstanding audio
- AUX-in audio port for smartphones and MP3 players
- Dual 50 mm drivers, 80 Hz to 20 kHz
- A range of striking color options
The JBL Pebbles Stereo Computer Speaker System is available now for $59.95. For more information, visit www.jbl.com.
The JBL Spark, on the other hand, is a wireless stereo speaker system that looks like “nothing else you’ve ever seen,” unless you’ve had to repair or speaker or amp and just not bothered to put it back in the cabinet. Even then, you’re not getting this kind of color.
JBL Spark puts the megaphone shape to good use, with two high-performance JBL drivers and a tuned bass port. The result is crisp, clean, high-end, sound with a warm, rich bass response in a versatile shape that you can take anywhere. JBL Spark adds a splash of sound and color to any room, whether you hang it on a wall, set it on a table, stash it on a shelf, or lay it handy on a couch or cushion. Wireless Bluetooth streaming gets the sound from the player to the speaker, and JBL Spark fills the room with true, rich sound.
The JBL Spark also features:
- Legendary JBL sound in a funky, fun shape
- Two high-performance 40 mm JBL drivers
- Frequency response: 76 Hz to 20 kHz
- Crisp, clean, highs and warm, rich bass
- Compact size (7″ / 180 mm diameter x 6.5″ / 165 mm height)
- Translucent body with cool mesh grill
- Stainless steel hanging hook, fabric cord with inline control, and power adapter
The JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker is also available now for $129.95. For more information, visit www.jbl.com.