This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Did you get an iPhone 5S? Or maybe you went with the iPhone 5C? Or maybe you just settled with downloading iOS 7. Even if you didn’t score a new iPhone, you could probably benefit from a few new free apps and games. Luckily, it’s a great week for freebies. There are games like Dragon Finga, DuckTales: Scrooge’s Loot, and more that are sure to keep you occupied between trying to figure out how to use iOS 7. But what really has me excited this week is JARVIS. Finally, we can all talk to JARVIS and have him respond back. It’s going to be a good weekend.
The Top Three Free Apps:
- Dragon Finga – Here’s a unique Kung-Fu fighting game for everyone. You control a Dragon Warrior. Your goal is to take down infinite hordes of enemies while racing the clock. There are rewards for successful missions, new powers, locations and enemies. No word on whether your Dragon Powers will ever rise over 9,000.
- DuckTales: Scrooge’s Loot – DuckTails; awooo-ooo! Hunt for gold in this all-new DuckTails quest. The infamous Beagle Boys have managed to swindle away Scrooge’s fortune. You’ll have to joint up with the citizens of Duckburg to recover the stolen loot. There are single and multi player modes to play in. You pick one of four character classes and customize your duck with cool outfits, tools, and gadgets. Get ready for a ton of action-packed fun!
- JARVIS – It’s basically impossible to watch any of the Iron Man movies and not want some Stark tech. Now you finally can have some. Sort of. This is the official Iron Man 3 second screen app. But it does much more than just help you control playback of the Blu Ray. JARVIS actually lives inside this app, waiting to help you out similarly to how he helps out Tony in the movies. He can wake you up, download ringtones, check the weather, post to Facebook and more. And yes, he is voice controlled.
- Grand Theft Auto: iFruit – This app hooks directly into GTA V. With it, you can stay current with GTA V news, log into Rockstar Games Social Club, stay connected on LifeInvader and launch other Rockstar Games apps. You can also create the ultimate vehicle for use in GTA V. You can even order personalized license plates. And to put the cherry on top, this app even has a virtual pet: Chop the Dog.
- Grand Theft Auto V: The Manual – Remember when games came with beautiful manuals? They were amazing. Those days are long past. Now you get an app instead. This one has over 100 “pages” of instructions complete with an interactive game map.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Songify – This is the official app of the Gregory Brothers, creators of AutoTune The News on YouTube. The app is simple. You talk, it sings. Seriously, it’ll take your speech and make it into a song. Now’s about the time when you should run and tell that. Homeboy.
- IM+ Pro – Still using various instant messaging platforms? This might be the app for you. it allows you to chat on Skype, Facebook, Twitter DM, AIM, MSN, ICQ and more.
- SigNote – This is a cool app that allows you to add drawings to your pictures. But it’s different than what you’re thinking. First, take a picture. Then draw something on paper. Then take a picture of that, and this app will combine them!
- Cycloramic Studio 360 Panorama – This is a really cool utility. It’s a panorama creating app that can actually turn your iPhone into a very simple panorama-robot. How’s that? It vibrates the phone at just the right rate to actually get it to turn in a full circle, while taking pictures. How cool is that? Ice cold.
- Scurvy Scallywags – Yesterday was talk like a pirate day, but that doesn’t mean you have to belay the fun. This is a musical match-3 RPG game with tons of pirate stuff.
- Disney Infinity: Toy Box – Bring together your favorite Disney and Pixar characters in a world you create. There are 50 free items to build a world with. You can play with Mr. Incredible for free. If you want more virtual toys, all you have to do is buy them either via in app purchases or retail codes.
- AstroWings Gold Flower – Top down shooters just never get old. Here’s a space themed one that has endless amounts of enemies pouring through the skies at your personal fighter jet.
- Infinite – Explore the cosmos with infinite. Form solar systems and survive black holes. It’s an arcade style game, with really neat, abstract visuals. You pilot an orbiter that harnesses spatial matter and can form planets and systems.
- Quantum Legacy – This is a beautiful on-rails action game with arcade-style action. You pilot one of four spaceships during the 3+ hour on rails journey through 20 missions.