This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Developers are updating their apps for iOS 7 and they look great. App in the Air can help you make the most of your flights and make the best choices in airports. MyFitnessPal has also been updated for iOS 7. It’s an amazing calorie counting app, but really, it’s so much more. Continuing in Apple’s recent promotions to get you to use the Apple Store app more often, they are offering the Temple Run: Oz game for free. But you have to get it from the Apple Store app. Tricky. Plus I found some limited time freebies that you’re going to want to check out before they start charging again.
The Top Three Free Apps:
- App in the Air – Fly smarter with everything you need to make the most of your flight experience with the iOS 7 update to this app. Where’s the best food in the airport, or how do you connect to the wifi? App in the Air can help. Plus, it can help you check-in online and update your friends and family about your flight status.
- Temple Run: Oz – Here’s a thrilling endless runner that takes place on the yellow brick road. But this game isn’t free in the usual way. In order to download this game for free, you’ll need to open up Apple’s Apple Store app on your iOS device and navigate to the Featured section. There, Apple will be happy to give you the app for free.
- MyFitnessPal – How’s that New Year’s Resolution coming? Did you nail your goal? I hope so. If you still need a little help losing a few pounds, MyFitnessPal can definitely help. It’s an awesome food diary, but it’s way better than just counting calories. You can actually search for specific foods. Even better, you can scan barcodes of whatever it is you ate. You can set goals, log exercises, view reports and much more. Plus it looks great in the latest iOS 7 update.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Dinorama – Teach kids about money and time management with dinosaurs. They can become the park owner and be in charge of everything from buying food and habitats for the dinosaurs to selling popcorn and hiring employees.
- SYSTEM UTIL Dashboard – This app allows you to see various stats on your iOS device. You can monitor things like memory use, network connection status, data use, CPU load, available storage space, etc.
- Inkpad – Drawing is cool, but drawing with vectors is even cooler. This is a vector illustration app for iPad. It has a ton of features, not least of which is that it can export your vector drawings as SVG files and more.
- Dragon’s Lore – Unlike the European variety, Japanese dragons do no want gold, princesses, or you dead. This game encourages you to get acquainted with one of these dragons, Kirin, by matching like-colored cubes.
- Flying Benjamins HD – Powered by a brand new HD 3D Physics engine, this modern aerial combat game is ready to fly on Retina displays. The controls are simple and intuitive (tilt based). Or if you’re feeling a little more casual than usual, you can try the on-rails experience. Either way, you’ll be defending the skies of the newly built offshore banking community, which is a good thing, right?
- Cuboid: 3D Puzzle Game – If you like puzzle games, you might want to check out this twisted, mind-bending 3D puzzler. It’ll take you through ancient ruins, maneuvering the cuboid through mystical exits to get to the next level. You’ll need to flip and rotate various things in increasingly complex tile mazes. And to make it even worse, you are timed and the number of moves count too.
- YodelOh Classic – Take on RamBam, LambBam and the whole bleating’ clan in an exciting Alpine climbing adventure. Do you have what it takes to hold your own against the meanest sheep on the mountain? All you have to do are tap the targets, but you’ll need to be quick and accurate. It’s fun for the whole family.
- Perfect Shot – Taking group photos can be hard. There’s always one guy who just can’t seem to stop blinking at the wrong time. This app can monitor everyone in frame and make sure everyone is smiling and wide eyed. You don’t really have to do anything other than smile and look at the camera.
- Quantum Galaxy – Conquer the Quantum Galaxy. This is an on-rails space arcade shooter. The controls are intuitive and the graphics are great. Earn XP to level up and keep defending space outposts. There’s no complicated storyline, just non-stop action.
- Quantun Legacy HD Turbo – This is a very similar game.