First of all, Comic Life 3 is not a stand up comic sim. That would be the most depressing and annoying game in the history of paid entertainment. Rather, it’s a powerful, fun set of tools that allows you to create your own photo comics. The developers, Plasq, have been listening to requests from their users, and have rolled many into the newly released Comic Life 3, which is now available at the sale price of $14.99.
The upgrade price is $14.99, too, directly from price? Why the same? Because the App Store doesn’t support upgrade pricing, and Plasq wanted those who buyers to get their proper discount. The sale price ends on October 20th, but those who currently have a registered copy of Comic Life, Comic Life Deluxe or Comic Life 2 can upgrade to Comic Life 3 for only $14.99 at any time. Well played, Plasq.
As for the updates, Comic Life users will get a new script editor, advanced filters, instant alpha, and all new editing controls. In addition:
- You can now choose from a total of 35 great-looking templates.
- Comic Life is figuring out what kinds of elements you need as you type. When your script is complete just drag and drop your text from the script to your layout.
- Comic Life 3 has 17 new parametric filters that make your photos even more amazing than before, including awesome new options like Rotoscope, Retro, and Sketch.
- 191 built-in creative fill options are now available including speedlines, halftones, textures and tiles to help liven up your panels.
- The new Balloon variety picker is a great way for mixing up the balloon shapes and letting you get the exact shape you need.
- And more.