This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Have you ever been telling someone about a song you really like, but forgot to sync it to your iPhone? Or maybe it’s a picture you took but forgot to put on your iPhone. Younity can solve your missing file woes by connecting your computer and iOS devices, as long as you have an internet connection. It’s like having your own unlimited cloud service. If you like to collect images, you’re going to love Ember. It’s an app that can store all of your images and sync them between your iOS devices and Mac computers. Plus, I found tons of other great free apps this week, including Bejeweled. You know you want to download that.
The Top Three Free Apps:
- younity – How do you maintain access to all of your files, from all of your devices without syncing or paying for tons of storage space in the cloud? This app. You can share all of your stuff to all of your devices and even share files with your friends right from your iPad or iPhone. How it works is that you create a personal (private) cloud for all of your files. It’s so private they don’t store anything, including your files. They stay safely on your computer, which will need to have the younity app installed to make all of this work. So, as long as you have an internet connection on both sides, it’ll all work seamlessly.
- Ember – This app makes it incredibly easy to capture, organoze, and share the things that inspire you. You can build collections of related items, like maybe your collection of Marvel paraphernalia. Images can be tagged to further enhance the ways you can sort things. Then you can sync all of this between your iOS devices and Mac computers via iCloud. And you can be sure that more features are in the pipeline for this app.
- Bejeweled – This game is a classic. You already know the rules, at least for classic mode. Match gems to make them disappear. There are 4 more game modes that are sure to keep you interested. It’s a fun and realizing puzzle game that’s free for a limited time. Plus the HD version is free too. So keep scrolling and grab that one while you’re at it too.
- Band Stars – Form a band, hit the studio and start recording! This is the latest game from Halfbrick Studios. You’ll be making your way to the top as the world’s best band. And it doesn’t matter what type of music you love, because Band Stars features loads of genres.
- Google Wallet – The latest update to this app now has it supporting single sign on. That means if you’re signed in to your Google account via any other Google app, you won’t have to sign in again for this one. Plus, you can add credit and debit cards to your Google Wallet just by taking a picture of it.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Seedio – This is a very unique audio app. It allows you to connect multiple iOS devices and use them as a single sound system. You could also use it silently with headphones connected to all of the devices, if you wanted to have everyone listen to the same thing at once.
- QuickSign Pro – Ever needed to sign a digital document but didn’t want to print it out and then rescan it? This app is the solution.
- DataMan Next – Data caps are great, aren’t they? They protect the party that matters most, your cell phone carrier, from using too much of the money you give them on the service you pay for! This app shows you the key statistics you need most to track your data usage. In fact, it shows real-time data usage. It’ll even forecast whether you’ll stay within your data cap.
- Talking Carl! – Talk, sing and play with Carl. Tickle, punch, feed him and hear his funny laughs, growls and more! Talking Carl provides hours of laughter for children of any age.
- Petting Zoo – From acclaimed author and illustrator Christoph Neimann comes this interactive picture book. You can swipe and tap the 21 animals and be surprised at how they react. What would an elephant in your bathroom do? Can a dog breakdance?
- Timelytics Activity Tracker – Track how you spend your time and then analyze it! You’re sure too find out that you spend entirely too much time doing something. Like eating, or going to the bathroom.
- Work Time – Why leave your phone asleep on the desk when you could be putting it to good use? Plug it in and display this app as a multi-functional clock. It shows the time, date, your schedule and current weather.
- Heart Rate + – Monitor your heart rate and guide your breathing with this app. They say breathing exercises help reduce stress, improve mood and make you feel more energized. Plus, it’ll even tell you whether you’re doing the breathing exercise well by measuring your heart rate variations.
- Sprinkle Junior – Here’s another physics-based game for your kids to play. It simulates water in a playground with unlimited amounts of the stuff. Instead of solving hard puzzles, though, this game is aimed just at playing. So have fun squirting stuff.
- Montezuma Puzzle 3 – This game has you arranging puzzle pieces into different patterns. Make all the pieces fit.
- The Walking Dead: Assault – This is the official game of the record-breaking comic series that’s also now a hit TV show on AMC. It’s a squad-based survival horror game that follows the tone and feel of the comics.
- Bejeweled HD – This is pretty much the same game as above, for iPad.