This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Could 2014 be the year 3D printing really takes off? I have no idea, but Blokify is just the sort of app that might get even more people interested in 3D printing. It’s an app that lets you build virtual block-based structures and export a file to be printed. If you’re looking for a game to play, you might enjoy Rayman Jungle Run. It made Apple’s Best of 2012 games list and for a short while, you can snag it for free. You might also like to download Jet Car Stunts 2. It’s a game at ludicrous speed that has you jumping through outlandish courses and barely hanging on. And as always, there are tons of limited time freebies to be downloaded, so get to it!
The Top Three Free Apps:
- Blokify – This is a block-based modeling app that makes it easy to build things, a little like Minecraft or LEGOs. But the kicker is that you can export what you build and print it with your 3D printer. Then play with your virtual toy in the real world! How cool is that? If you don’t have a 3D printer, you can pay to have your model printed from a service.
- Rayman Jungle Run – The legendary platforming hero is making the jump to your favorite iOS device. Rayman Jungle Run is easy for all ages to pick up and play, but challenging for the longtime Rayman fans to master. There are new worlds to discover, new powers to unlock, captivating music, and more. But don’t wait too long to download this one, as it won’t be free for long.
- Jet Car Stunts 2 – Jet Car Stunts was a game so good it needed a sequel. Here it is. It’s a challenging game with outlandish courses, insane jumps, ludicrous speeds, manic car handling, and outrageous jet physics. There are 120 levels, each with three levels of difficulty that are sure to keep you busy for quite some time.
Free Apps for a Limited Time:
- Relaxia: Sounds of Nature – Relax and escape your daily stress with soothing sounds with this app. It has all the classics: rain and thunder, seaside, fireplace, streams, etc.
- Scanner Pro – This is a very useful app to have on your iOS device. With it, you can take pictures of physical documents and convert them to PDFs, much like a portable scanner. It even helps trim the images down to have a much more presentable finished document.
- Decide Now! – Can’t decide between a few different options? This app lets chance decide by spinning an arrow on a wheel. You can even design your own wheel templates to really customize your decision making to the problem at hand.
- Path on – With this app, you can type text on your images. What makes it special is that you can customize the path the text is written on.
- Chemio – Use your ipad to interact with the periodic table of elements. This app is packed full of information on the building blocks of the universe.
- Reckless Hero – You’re a taxi driver in a world occupied by zombies. If you want to help save the other non-zombies you’ll have to drive recklessly in this endless running style game.
- SoundHound – What’s the name of that song playing? I have no idea, but SoundHound does. Download this app so you’re always ready to identify songs before it’s too late.
- Tipulator – This is a beautiful app that makes it easy to calculate tips with various options to split checks, exclude tips, and produce palindrome tips.
- Super 7 – Brush up on your arithmetic skills with this game that has you adding numbers together to make 7.
- Accordeon – Learning to play the accordion is something nearly everyone dreams of. Okay, maybe not, but you have to admit you’re at least a little intrigued. Right? Well, now you can play a virtual accordion.
- Articles – Wikipedia is the go-to source of information for most of us. This app makes Wikipedia even better on iOS devices by making it easy to find articles and formatting them beautifully.