Ever felt confined by the finite number of label-making possibilities at your disposal? In my day, it was just whatever color of tape you bought to go in that giant wheel gun thing.
Thankfully, those days are behind us, and Epson America’s now in charge. They’ve just announced their LabelWorks LW-600P, a new label printer for smartphones and tablets that provides ”unlimited label-making possibilities for home or work” via the free Epson iLabel app.
At only 24mm, the LabelWorks LW-600P is one of the smallest and lightest label printers on the market today, yet it comes with:
- Bluetooth connectivity for use with smart phones and tablets
- USB connectivity for printing from Windows and Mac computers
- Print speeds up to 15mm/s at 180dpi for fast printing of labels
- Tape widths of 6mm (~1/8”) to 24mm (~1”) for maximum versatility
- Battery-powered operation for portability and mobility
- AC power (adapter included) to allow the LW-600P to be always on and ready
For iOS and Android device users, the free Epson iLabel app offers features never before available with traditional label makers, such as:
- “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
- In-app storage of created label for future use
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
With the LabelWorks LW-600P users can create personalized ribbons and decorative stickers, iron-on labels, glow-in-the-dark labels, reflective labels, and more.
With an open-source development platform, the LW-600P also gives developers the ability to create iOS and Android label-printing apps for specific uses such as event ticketing and specialty crafting, or for vertical applications such as inventory management, healthcare, cable & wiring, patch panels and more.
Those attending CES can see demonstrations of the LabelWorks LW-600P at the Epson SmartWare Pavilion, meeting room S214, in the Las Vegas Convention Center during 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10, 2014. The LabelWorks LW-600P is available now and sold with one or two 24mm tapes included in the box with an MSRP of $99.99 and $123.98, respectively.