Box—possibly Dropbox’s closest rival in the file storage and file sharing market—has just updated the Box app for iPhone and iPad. The update is completely rebuilt from the ground up, offering a new, sleeker and faster user interface as well as new capabilities such as file preview, full text search functionality, and more.
Of course, what good is a file storage service if users won’t have the necessary space to store their files? In that regard, Box is also offering 50GB of storage space in their cloud server for free. All you have to is to download the app from the App Store, if you haven’t done so yet, or upgrade your existing Box iPhone and iPad app.
The Box Blog provides the following new features of the Box iPhone and iPad app:
Speed and simplicity
- An entirely new simple intuitive user interface
- Significantly faster document rendering
- Progressive low- to high-resolution photo loading for fast scrolling and previewing
The best content experience
- New preview capabilities for 100+ file types
- High fidelity rendering of PowerPoint, PDFs, photos, videos and more
- Convenient grid views
- Full text search within documents
- New sidebar for featuring comments
- Real-time search for files within your account
- The ability to move, copy and delete multiple files at once
- A redesigned Box OneCloud gallery of partner apps
- Menu of recommended partner apps customized for each file
Box is available now as a free download from the iTunes App Store.