Where I live, tornados are kind of thing. We just had a warning today, in fact, according to the AT&T notification. However, sharks are kind of not a thing, so no worries there. I live in greater fear of a frognado or tirenado, neither of which instill much fear. Thankfully, we’ll soon have Sharknado: The Video Game for iOS to fill that void.
Sharknado: The Video Game is being developed by Other Ocean, based on the upcoming sequel to the SyFy movie that was more popular on Twitter than TV. Majesco Entertainment made the conscious decision to publish it. So, who do we blame? Before you decide, consider that it’ll be an infinite runner, which means we kind of have to blame everyone, I think. You’ll play Fin (get it?), racing to destroy a series of shark-infested tornadoes threatening New York City.
Okay, people like to talk about the beauty of springtime in New York, which to me indicates two things. 1.) They’ve never experienced springtime outside of New York, or 2.) They forgot about all those New York City tornadoes.
Described by designer Frank Cifaldi as being “… very much in the spirit of the films: ridiculous, overblown, yet oddly sincere,” Sharknado: The Video Game will allow players to:
- Run through the streets of Manhattan wielding a broadsword
- Bounce off of the backs of tiger sharks to reach higher ground
- Feed buckets of fish to angry sharks to avoid dying
- Surf New York’s flooded avenues, avoiding hammerhead stampedes
- Collect official Sharknado trading cards
- Fly into the heart of the sharknado clutching tightly to a chainsaw
Neither the press release nor the Other Ocean website have any assets yet, so let’s just look a sneak peak at the sequel, shall we?