We’ve been following the development of Mistwalker’s Terra Battle since it was first unveiled, and this morning they provided us with the best glimpse yet of what we can expect from the game, due out in October for iOS and Android. Gameplay trailers are now available, but the Download Starter Campaign is of most interest.
If you haven’t yet heard of it, Terra Battle is a tactical role playing game developed by Mistwalker and scored by famed composer Nobuo Uematsu. The game follows a group of warriors who embark on a journey to the center of the world to learn about a mysterious entity known as The Maker.
If you have been following the game with us, here’s the new information:
Terra Battle’s Download Starter Campaign will reward players with gifts and special updates once the title reaches specific global download milestones. These rewards include new characters, music, artwork, game modes, story scenarios, a live concert (1 million downloads), books, figurines, as well as development of a Terra Battle console version (2 million downloads). To celebrate the start of the campaign, players can pre-register by following the official Twitter account and receive 5 Energy once the game launches in order to get a jump-start against their enemies.
Wait…a console version? How hilarious would it be to see a PS4 port of an iPhone game? Will it still look like this?
Terra Battle gameplay features will include:
- An extensive story with several chapters and stages for players to experience. Additional content will be added through regular updates and the Download Starter campaign to provide a never-ending RPG experience.
- Strategic Gameplay through the use of free character movement across the in-game battlefield, directly aligning party members to launch powerful group attacks and using special items on the field to increase their overall power.
- Players can collect, upgrade and customize a variety of different warriors, magicians and heroes throughout the game in order to create their perfect combat party.
- By purchasing ‘Energy’ through the cash shop, or though regular gameplay progression, players can use it to restore their in-game stamina, continue a difficult battle after defeat or unlock rare characters for their party.
- Terra Battle will launch as a free-to-play game (with in-app purchases) in October for iOS and Android devices.
For more information, visit www.terra-battle.com.