Macintosh and iPhone software updates and announcements for July 18, 2008:
- OrionGadgets now offers iPhone 3G owners a selection of feature-packed chargers and a new lineup of stylish and durable silicone skin cases.
- NovaMind introduces ScriptMapping (a powerful combination of screenwriting and mind mapping) and Merlin 2.6 (which includes Web publishing capabilities so that others can collaborate remotely on project management tasks, no matter what operating system they are using).
- TeamViewer GmbH is offering the full version of their remote control solution, free of charge for non-commercial use. The complete list of TeamViewer features and functions, including file transfer and cross-platform support, are now available to facilitate information sharing in a non-business environment.
- PDO is now shipping the TopSkin for iPhone 3G. The TopSkin features a play-through design that covers the power, volume, and home buttons, while cut-outs allow access to the phone’s camera, vibrate switch, speakers, and microphone. The TopSkin covers the dock connector and headphone jack with flaps that can be opened for access. The case also features micro texture grip on all four sides. Each TopSkin includes a slim-profile belt clip and full frontal screen protector. PDO TopSkin for iPhone 3G sells for $19.99 and is available in black, blue, pink, and white.
- Aimersoft Studio has released their multimedia conversion software for Mac OS X: Aimersoft DVD Studio Platinum. It includes Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac, Aimersoft Video Converter for Mac, Aimersoft DVD Creator for Mac and Aimersoft DVD Copy for Mac. It can help you to finish all DVD requirements, from ripping DVDs to converting all video and audio formats to burning these files to DVD discs to copying DVD.
- Macgamestore today announced the release of Jewel Quest III, the next installment in the Jewel Quest series. Rupert and Emma have finally settled down and opened a museum to display their many newfound artifacts. While playing with a mysterious jewel board, their daughter Natalie unknowingly pops open a secret compartment. Suddenly, the air is filled with a cloud of spores, and Natalie’s vision begins to fade. Desperate to save their daughter’s sight, Rupert and Emma embark on a race across the globe in search of the fabled Golden Jewel Board, rumored to hold the antidote that will cure her, but does it even exist?
- The Flashforward Film Festival, part of the Flashforward 2008 Conference, announced their nominees for the Big Orange Rubber Arrow. Fifty nominees have been identified in 10 categories for the awards night ceremony on August 21, 2008 at the Masonic Center in San Francisco. Nominees are vying for Big Orange Rubber Arrows the equivalent of an Oscar in the Flash(TM) community. The Film Festival recognizes both creative and technical achievement through the expression of media created predominately using Adobe Flash. In addition to the 10 Big Orange Rubber Arrows a Peoples Choice Award will be determined through online voting by any visitors. All 50 nominees can be viewed at the site. Winners in each category will be posted after the Flashforward Conference and Film Festival takes place.