As the 2008 presidental contest heats up, the candidates are increasingly taking advantage of technology and social media to connect with their supporters. Today, the Obama campaign released an iPhone/iPod Touch application which will allow supporters to track and coordinate their volunteering efforts, as well as receive updates regarding their candidate.
What’s interesting to me is that the app also adds a competitive element, allowing users to track the calls they’ve been making against a leaderboard.
- Call Friends: A great volunteering tool that lets you make a difference any time you want by talking to people you already know. Your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and you can make calls and organize results all in one place.
- Call Stats: See nationwide Obama ’08 Call Friends totals and find out how your call totals compare to leading callers.
- Get Involved: Do more. Find and contact your local Obama for America HQ.
- Receive Updates: Receive the latest news and announcements via text messages or email.
- News: Browse complete coverage of national and local campaign news.
- Local Events: Find local events, share by email and get maps and directions.
- Media: Browse videos and photos from the campaign
- Issues: Get clear facts about Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan for essential issues facing Americans.
The application is free, requires the iPhone 2.0 software, and is available from the iTunes store.
Product [Obama '08]