Well, January has come and gone, and despite the rumors we heard and reported on, the updated Mac mini is nowhere to be seen. Surely, one is just around the corner, right, Apple? Right?! While we wait for the answer, Appletell thought it was time to take matters into our own hands. Therefore, we’re having a “Design Your Own Mac Mini” contest, the winner of which will receiver a Logitech NuLOOQ navigator.
Inspired by Ludvig Nylund’s Mac mini concept, we thought we’d put together a contest to see who could cook up the best updated Mac mini. Whether your device falls into the realm of possibility is not important, we just want to see some creativity. You can alter a Mac mini image in Photoshop, you can apply Play-Dough and Bendaroos to your a Mac mini box, or you can frost and bake your Mac mini to serve up a tasty cake.* It’s all good.
The winner will receive a Logitech NuLOOQ for his/her efforts.
The NuLOOQ navigator is an innovative stationary control device, about the size of a half a tennis ball but weighs in at a solid 1 lb. Built into the device are a multi-dimensional ring, called the navring for simultaneous 360 degree pan and zoom and a touch sensitive circular disk, called the tooltuner for fine precision control. The NuLOOQ navigator gives you a powerful new way to interact with your application. Design, create, edit or just navigate — put the fun back on your desktop!
- Adjust brush size in one pixel increments in Adobe Photoshop without ever moving a slider or clicking on a shortcut key
- Fine-tune font attributes such as leading, tracking and more in Adobe InDesign without using the option bar
- Scroll and zoom your documents, spreadsheets, digital pictures or more with the smallest movement of the gray ring
- Scrub timelines in Final Cut Pro or iMovie quickly or slowly
- Change volume or music tracks in iTunes quickly while it runs in the background
- And more…NuLOOQ navigator is user configurable for virtually any application
To enter, you must first read the Appletell contest rules and disclaimer. Then, simply send your image or photo along with your name and e-mail address to us at email@example.com with the e-mail subject as “Appletell NuLOOQ Giveaway”. The top entries will be posted at Appletell, but only the best, as determined by our staff, will receive the prize.
Entries must be received by February 25th. The Appletell staff will evaluate all the submissions, and we’ll announce the winner on Saturday, February 28th. Good luck!
* Don’t actually bake your Mac mini. There’s nothing tasty about a ruined Macintosh.