The team behind Dropbox, the excellent file synchronization web/desktop program, has submitted a companion app for the iPhone and iPod touch to the App Store. Dropbox regularly makes life easier for many of us, and now its convenience will most likely (barring any other Apple ridiculousness) be in your pockets soon. The app will have a veritable plethora of features, aptly described by the team themselves:
- Access your Dropbox on the go – All the contents of your Dropbox are available for viewing. You can even stream music and movies in your Dropbox straight to your iPhone.
- Download files for offline viewing – Add files to your “Favorites,” and they’ll be accessible at any time.
- Take photos and videos and sync them to your Dropbox – Take a photo from your iPhone and email its public link to a friend in less than a minute.
- Share links to files in your Dropbox – What? Any file in your Dropbox? Srsly?
- Photo galleries – Just like the ones online.
In all, the app seems extremely full featured and will fit right into the seamless Dropbox experience. It should be a much-needed upgrade to the current Dropbox for iPhone site. Look for it in the iTunes App Store within the month, but perhaps with a 17+ rating on the app—who knows what you could put on your Dropbox?
Read [The Dropbox Blog]