Macintosh and iPhone/iPod updates and announcements for December 29, 2009:
- Welcome to Macintosh will make its exclusive North American television premiere on CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, on Monday, January 4th at 9:30 PM ET. Welcome to Macintosh is an independent documentary highlighting Apple Inc’s history and fan following. The documentary was recently made available on the iTunes movie store where it reached the top 10 in documentary sales and rentals.
- Yazsoft has released a major new update to ShareTool. Developed for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later, ShareTool is an award winning utility that lets you connect to all of the Bonjour services on your home or office network from anywhere in the world securely over a 100% SSH encrypted connection. This includes iTunes Music Sharing, Screen Sharing, File Sharing, printing, and much more. No configuration. No complication. No server or technical skills required. Just a mouse click.
- Zevrix Solutions has announced a New Year Sale with 20% discount on everything in Zevrix online store. The offer is valid from December 28 to January 4 and applies to both single products and bundles. Zevrix produces such popular InDesign plug-ins as LinkOptimizer and BatchOutput, as well as solutions for graphic files checkup, PDF workflow automation and digital delivery.
- Safeguard your laptop and other gear inside the rugged STM Convoy. Features a concealed laptop compartment and a suspended foam cell to fully protect your laptop on all sides. It comes loaded with utility pockets and compartments with plenty of space for peripherals, books, folders and accessories. Convoy’s ergonomic harness system makes a heavy load completely manageable.
- TranslateIt! Team has announced a 50% off sale on TranslateIt! till 10th January 2010. TranslateIt! allows you to look up words on the fly. Just hover the pointer over an unfamiliar word and see its translation in a pop-up window. TranslateIt! offers several methods: translation from clipboard, drag-and-drop translation, manual input of queries in the main window, and double-click translation of words in dictionary entries displayed in the main window.
- Godzilab Games has announced the release of the first content update of iBlast Moki. It was approved in just 5 days; a record. They added 15 bonus levels with completely new graphics, a new doodleland world with its own Plus+ leaderboard, a major redesign of the editor with a new intuitive manipulation interface, a tool to dress your own levels with the vegetation used in game, improved tutorial in Mokiland, bug fixes, and perfomance improvements.
- Pocket Watch Software has announced ActivePrint 7.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch. devices. With ActivePrint you can now print to any printer that your PC can print to over your Wi-Fi network or over the internet using your iPhone’s EDGE or 3G network. Print photos from the photo album or device’s camera, contents of the clipboard, contacts from the address book, web pages, and much more. ActivePrintoffers support for practically any printer available in the market.
- Cloudburst Research today released AutoStitch 2.0 for iPhone devices. AutoStitch creates high-resolution images of up to 20 megapixels using the iPhone’s own camera, and allows iPhone users to create poster-quality images that can exceed those from even expensive dedicated cameras. This extraordinary resolution is achieved by a fully automated approach for seamlessly stitching together multiple images taken from a single location.
- 24x7digital has announced Aw Craps! 1.6, a major update to their popular casino game for iPhone and iPod Touch. With its realistic table layout, game play, stick calls and dice rolling, Aw Craps! takes you onto the casino floor and into the action, allowing seasoned shooters to hone their skills, as well as allowing beginners to learn enough to hit the casino tables. Version 1.6 offers many enhancements, including a new 3D animated, full table rolling mode and much more.
- code.aplus has announced Quickie 1.0, a brand new to-do application for iPhone and iPod touch devices. Quickie is a breath of fresh air in the crowded field of Productivity applications. Featuring a beautiful interface and audio cues, Quickie offers simplicity and ease-of-use and is perfect to quickly type-in any kind of list, for just about anything that needs to be written down quickly, in 30 seconds or less.
- Random Ideas has announced the release of iZen Garden 2, a new version of its award-winning relaxation app for Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. iZen Garden is a beautiful and detailed Zen Garden simulator that helps you center your mind, relax your psyche, and relieve your stress. This version adds dozens of new features, including a meditation timer, more placeable objects, more sound tracks, and the ability to share your Zen with your friends and family.
- ThinkFAST, Inc. has released Geek Logik for iPhone and iPod Touch. Wouldn’t it be great if there were clear-cut answers to all of life’s questions. Based on the bestselling book by Garth Sundem, Geek Logik harnesses the awesome powers of math and humor to open a massive can of whoopass on uncertainty. Simply set sliders to answer humorous questions and Geek Logik runs the numbers and kicks out an answer. Perfect for the geek in your life.
- Apress has released More iPhone 3 Development: Tackling iPhone SDK 3, their latest book digging deeper into Apple’s SDK. Authors Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche cover topics like Core Data, peer-to-peer networking using GameKit and network streams, working with data from the web, MapKit, in-application e-mail, concurrent programming, and debugging applications.
- Tapunited has announced My Town Contacts 1.0 for iPhone devices. My Town Contacts is a new contact management app with One-Tap-Dialing that gathers in one place all the numbers and information you need to feel safe, secure, and totally together. The ones that could save your life and the ones you love. My Town Contacts makes your life easier by prompting you to add in information on your town: for the library, town hall, schools, local pharmacy, and your favorite restaurants and stores.
- Izatt has announced the release of MatchTunes 1.0, its 41st app for iPhone and iPod Touch devices. MatchTunes is the game of matching song clips from the user’s own iTunes library. Choose to match on music clip, song, album, or artist. Select the genre of music to play with or select all to draw from across all genres on the iPhone. Play a 2-player game to challenge others. Players can submit their best scores via OpenFeint to prove to the world they know their music.
- Stephen Covey, author of the best-seller The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and Jennifer Colosimo, chief learning officer at FranklinCovey Co., have launched the app to help people find career fulfillment in these tough economic times. The app is a companion to their newly released book, Great Work, Great Career: How to Create Your Ultimate Job and Make an Extraordinary Contribution. (It can be used in conjunction with the book or alone.)
- The iPod Classic, nano and Video now join the Kindle and nook as eReaders with Notescasts. iPod owners are downloading Notescasts from a growing list of titles covering a broad range of topics, including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Pride and Prejudice, Alice in Wonderland, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Top 10 Yosemite Hikes, a Guide to Glacier National Park, Cycling Guides, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney World Secrets, Disneyland Guide and more.