If the idea of setting up your networked Macs to share your iTunes libraries is just too much to bear, then these steps can help you to get sharing.
Home sharing, for those of you who are not yet familiar with the term, is the ability to share iTunes items (songs, TV shows, movies, etc.) between multiple Macs. That means if your sibling downloads a show on her computer that you want to see on yours, you can view it from her iTunes library. No need to watch it on her computer or move the files with an external drive.
Once you set up home share, you can share all of your iTunes media with no fuss.
- Select “Turn On Home Sharing” from the Advanced menu.
- Sign into the screen that comes up.
- Click on the “Create Home Share” button and then, “Yes.”
- Click on “OK.”
- Click on “Done.”
- Repeat this on the second machine with which you’ll be sharing.
- Click the right-facing arrow next to the computer to expand the Library.
- Choose your media and drop it into your library.