When you’re working on a business report, term paper, or that novel you just know Hollywood is going to snap up, the last thing you want to face is a frozen program or power outage. Losing your work is tough. Losing your work without a recent auto save is tougher. Auto saves can make your life a lot less frustrating, and extra auto saves can prevent loss of even more data. To change the auto-save time in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
1. Open Word.
2. Click on “File” then “System Preferences.”
3. Choose “Output and Sharing,” then “Save.”
4. Find the check box next to “save auto recover info every x minutes.”
5. Type in a new time value in the box.
6. Close this box.
7. Save once manually to start the auto save.