If you want to learn how to set up your Hotmail account on your iPad, you have come to the right place. Although Apple didn’t make it a default as with Gmail, MobileMe and such, it’s a fairly simple process, and this set of instructions you will have your Hotmail account up and running in no time at all.
Just be sure to set things up carefully, and you’ll be all set to check your messages any time you want without having to kick someone off the computer.
- Tap on the Settings icon (usually on your Home screen).
- Tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Tap on “Add Account…”
- Tap “Other.”
- Tap “Add Mail Account.”
- Enter your user name, the full e-mail address, password, and a description of the account (if you want to change it from the default, which is your full e-mail address).
- Tap “Save.”
- For Hotmail accounts, it will automatically grab the proper server settings.
Your iPad should now try to sign into your account. It will give you a conformation when it is done. If you get an error then double check your password.
If you’re still having problems sending and/or receiving messages, you can try these manual settings:
Incoming Mail Server
- Host Name: pop3.live.com
- User Name: ***@hotmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server
- SMTP: smtp.live.com