Here’s a secret for you…although iDevice cases and accessories make great Christmas gifts, apps don’t, unless you’re including the iPod touch or iPad with it. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of some good sales for yourself. Or maybe you got an iTunes gift card as an early gift and you want to know where to spend it. Here’s our list of app and accessory deals for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and it’s sure to grow rather quickly.
- New – Games- and app-portal Daily App Dream will run a special promotion of Pinch on December 26th but the game will actually be available for free in the period of December 22nd – December 29th, both days included! Should this be your first encounter with Pinch there are a few things you should know: Your task is to take control of the Norbs, best described as tiny nanobots on a mission to conquering the mazes and puzzles which make up their world. The Norbs can change in size and color by separating apart and merging with one another. Pinch is incredibly challenging but perseverance, practice and skills will eventually make you an expert “pincher”.
- New – Digital Reality has announced that during Christmas, Liberty Wings will be free for a limited time. They will also be releasing version 1.01 of their arcade action game Liberty Wings very soon. The new version will include a variety of updates affecting the game balance, some game modes, the overall performance and so much more. Take control of a World War II air fighter and fight your way through enemy lines in this action-packed shoot-em-up.
- New – California based Morning Egg Inc. has announced a holiday promotion on
Boxing Fighter, the developer’s popular combat game for the iPhone. iPad, and iPod touch. This game was created to provide users with an exciting mobile boxing experience reminiscent of classic arcade fighting titles. This game pits users against either in-game opponents or one-on-one with live adversaries via Wi-Fi. Boxing Fighter will be available to consumers for half price until December 25th.
- ZombieSmash! HD, the hit iPad game from indie studio Gamedoctors, is on sale for $.99 for a VERY limited time. Download it now and support the indie studio against the evil mega publisher bloc. ZombieSmash! HD takes the physics-based castle defense gameplay from the #1 hit iPhone classic – and blows it up for the bigger iPad screen.
- Cozy up by a fireplace with your favorite holiday drink and a great game to boot. Take advantage of the huge Christmas sale and stack up on your favorite BulkyPix games, including a couple free games (Babel Rising and Survivum) as well as many for only $0.99 or $1.99.
- Dolphin Play is now free in the App Store and includes holiday themed tank decorations.
- Xachi: Command, a classic missile-style game with a line drawing twist, is free until January 1, 2011. Time your splashes right to help Ika, a young Xachi, eliminate the evil parasites with Pickle Potion, the one thing that scares them away. The app features Classic Mode, Blitz Mode, online multiplayer with fun items to stump your opponent, cartoon graphics with original characters, and an illustrated storybook.
- Freeverse is pleased to offer steep discounts on gaming greats Skee-Ball HD for the iPad and Flick Fishing—now available for only $.99 cents each. This is your chance to get two of the best selling titles of all time on your iPhone and iPad for only half price. And they’re throwing in Moto Chaser for free.
- On the occasion of Christmas and New Year, all the Microïds and HdO Adventure heroes decided to end 2010 in the blaze of glory. From December 20th until January 2nd, many of their iPhone and iPad games are on sale for $0.99, including the Dracula and Egypt: The Prophecy series, as well as Frankenstein, A Vampire Romance, Jack the Ripper, The Three Musketeers, and many more.
- To commemorate the holidays, SEGA of America, Inc. has announced a sleigh full of discounts for their digital titles on iPhone, iPod touch and Pad. This Holiday SEGA Mega Sale will run from today through Jan 3, ensuring that players can ring in the New Year on the platform of their choice with plenty of gaming cheer. Potential digital stocking stuffers include hit titles like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I, ChuChu Rocket! / ChuChu Rocket! HD, Phantasy Star 2, Gunstar Heroes, and Altered Beast.
- To celebrate the holidays, iFun4All would like to announce they’ve lowered the price of one of our games: Match Fish. This is match 3 puzzler that anyone canenjoy. There is enough for causal and hardcore gamers alike. If you’re looking for some fun and on the go, this is just what you need. The game at this time costs $1.99 and it’s available on App Store.
- In celebration of Monkey Island Tales 1 HD just releasing on iPad, all other Telltale Games are now on sale for $0.99! Save over 80% when you buy or gift Puzzle Agent HD, Puzzle Agent, Sam & Max Episode 1: The Penal Zone, or Wallace & Gromit The Last Resort.
- MADFINGER Games has announced that Samurai II: Vengeance, their premier hack-and-slash action game, is now on sale for a limited time on the App Store. With stylized anime graphics and quick, bloody gameplay, Samurai II delivers console-caliber action and tight touch controls. The recent free spinoff, Samurai Dojo, has been downloaded over one million times this month alone. Samurai II earned rave reviews from CNET, GamesRadar, PocketGamer, MacWorld, SlideToPlay, TouchArcade, and more. It’s a universal app, and the Retina display graphics make it a great way to show off your iPad or new iOS device.
- Great news for iOS gamers; all versions of FDG Entertainment’s popular Action RPG game Across Age are now on sale. Prices are down by up to 80%.
- Coladia has announced new promotion. The iPad and iPhone versions of our games “Secret of the Lost Cavern” and “Destination: Treasure Island” will be at 0, 99 $.This promotion is available from Monday, the 20th December till Thursday, the 23th December.
- 2010 meant some great things for Halfbrick, and to round off everything in the true holiday spirit, they’re releasing a huge range of content and featuring some sweet discounts.
- TAITO is celebrating another great year on the App Store with a holiday sale. This time they’re discounting Space Invaders Infinity Gene (now $2.99), Mikado Defenders (now $0.99), Cooking Mama (now $3.99) and Bust-A-Move (known as Puzzle Bobble outside of the US – now $2.99).
- Full Control and WIT Entertainment want to wish all their customers a happy holiday season by lowering the price of all their iOS games to $0.99 over Christmas. If you missed any of them, now’s your chance to check them out.
- Gamevil has announced their holiday sale, discounting prices of $2.99 or $0.99 for some of their titles. NOM: Billion Year Timequest is on sale for $1.99, Illusia and Baseball Superstars are $2.99, and six titles, including those from the Zenondia and Hybrid series, are only $0.99.
- Hunter Research and Technology has announced a 50%-off holiday sale on Cover Match, the mesmerizing match game that uses album art from an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Using a classic arcade format, Cover Match starts off slow with just a few album covers to match, then heats up with unlimited levels of randomly sorted cover art. Graphically mastered and engineered, Cover Match is no ordinary match game, and offers billions of memory-testing game possibilities.
- In collaboration with Appvent Calendar, Coconut Island Studio makes their best selling game Finger Balance free as a Christmas gift for their fans. Featuring innovative and unique gameplay, your objective is raise and lower both ends of the rod to balance the ball and navigate it through obstacles. Features like 98 Levels, 3 game modes, 23 achievements and OpenFeint integration makes this game more attractive for puzzle lovers.
- Full Fat Games, the makers of Flick Golf have teamed up with Fat Santa this year. Despite the freezing weather, irritating in-laws, screaming children and over indulging meals, make the most of your Christmas break and treat yourself with a Fat Santa Special! Finger flicking fun guaranteed all season long on your iPhone and iPad with Flick Golf (67% off), Deadball Specialist (50% off) and Zombie Flick (free).
- G5 Entertainment has prepared a number of early Christmas presents for everyone. From December 16th until December 22nd, one iPhone and one iPad game will be decreased in price for 24 hours only. They will be informing on the price drops on Facebook, Twitter, and through their website. Players can also check back daily to G5’s App Store page in order not to miss out on any game deal.
- Gogogic is offering Symbol6 Redux free to iPhone gamers in the run-up to Christmas. Until December 25th, Symbol6 Redux for iPhone and iPod Touch will be available on the App Store for $0.00. Featuring a simple, colourful and intuitive player interface, Symbol6 Redux is a game of fast-paced recognition and hand-eye coordination. Divided into three modes of varying difficulty (Kids, Normal and Expert) Symbol6 Redux offers accessible, challenging play to everyone from very young children and their parents to the most competitive, score-chasing mobile gamers.
- To get you in the holiday spirit and share some festive fun, Chillingo will announce fantastic news, sales and surprises in the days leading up to Christmas. Be sure to check Chillingo daily.
- Ho, ho, ho, holidays are coming, and HandyGames—the leading German publisher of mobile games—is lowering the price of game titles like Guns ‘n’ Glory, Panzer Panic, infeCCt and Car Control to the phenomenally low price of $0.99. By doing so, the HandyGames team wants promote the gift option in the App Store and make Christmas gift shopping easier for iOS gamers.
- New – CiDevs wants to let you know that the iPhone application iWishYou – The perfect words for every occasion, will be free on the AppStore worldwide on Christmas day as a Christmas gift from the developers. In this way, everyone will be able to send wish messages for Christmas through SMS and Facebook to friends and familiars. The price will raise again on the 26th.
- New – Mobz technologies has announced iSoundGrid Northpole 1.1, the new Xmas edition iSoundGrid sound effects player for iPad. Perfect for a fun Christmas experience for the kids, this second seasonal edition contains 50 wonderful Xmas sound effects, from a snoring Santa to the sounds of Santa’s candy factory. The iSoundGrid sound effects player can play up to 32 sounds simultaneously. Users can easily loop sound effects as well as change the pitch and gain of the played sounds.
- New – Potrus Publishing Interactive today announces that their series of classic fable iBooks will be offered at a discount for the duration of the holiday season. Comprised of six timeless Grimm Brothers fairy tales, these interactive children’s iBooks for the iPad will be offered on discount until January 1st, 2011. This includes developers’ interactive iPad optimized renditions of Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling, The Three Little Pigs, The Frog King, Little Red Riding Hood, and Puss in Boots.
- New – Voila 3.0 can now be purchased at 25% off as a special holiday discount from the Global Delight’s online store. Voila is a great replacement and enhancement for your Mac’s screen-capture and screen-recording needs. Also, users with older versions of Voila can upgrade to the latest version at 50% discount. Voila screen-capture and recording software is the perfect companion for any Mac user looking for a quick capture of a web page, desktop, window, or perform a screen recording with audio.
- SoundHound, has announced free unlimited music recognition of its widely acclaimed, blazing fast music search and discovery application. Until now, users of the free version of SoundHound have been limited to five music IDs per month. Effective immediately across both the Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) and Android platforms, every user can now ID as much music as they wish for free, in addition to seeing lyrics, browsing artists and previewing top songs to their heart’s content. To enjoy an ad-free experience and premium features users can upgrade to SoundHound Infinity, the paid version of the application.
- ComboApp has announced a holiday discount on 3D Coloring Book for Kids: Christmas for a limited time only. 3D Coloring Book for Kids: Christmas offers users the ability to color in three dimensional outlines of classic and well known Christmas characters, allowing them to rotate and move original content that they fill in with the colors of their choice around inside the app. This limited-time Christmas promotion was undertaken in recognition of the seasonal nature of this app.
- From 22nd December, Nozbe Simply Get It Done, a superb productivity app for iPad, iPhone and iPod will be available in App Store for nearly half price. Offer ends on 1st January 2011. You’ll get a powerful, integrated with Evernote application that not only helps you manage tasks, but actually get them done. And if you have Nozbe account, you also get full cloud sync and teamwork support.
- MacPhun LLC has announced a sale for its 10 top products from December 21st, 2010 till January 3nd, 2011. With some extra savings over 75%, for those who own iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, this is a good chance to pack their iDevices with some really nice photo and entertainment applications. Apps include FX Photo Studio, FX Photo Studio HD, PhotoPal, Predator Vision, Doodle Cam, iRetroscope, Real-Time Distorter, PopArt VidCam, Amazing Facts HD and ArtPuzzle HD.
- ComboApp has unveiled a special Christmas promotion that will allow customers to buy two of the publisher’s most popular mobile education utilities at a great discount. The iPhone optimized Pocket MBA course book will be on sale while their premiere learning collection for the iPad, MBA Learning Studio: Platinum Edition, will be available to consumers for an 80% discount. Features such as full course texts, interactive flashcards, and knowledge exams and much more.
- Humble Daisy has announced that they are putting SonicPics on Sale until December 23rd, 2010. SonicPics is a tool for creating and narrating custom photo slide shows. It makes it easy to use images from the iPhone’s photo library or built-in camera and tell a story about those pictures. Kids all over the world can take pictures of what they want for Christmas and then record their requests directly to Santa.
- ComboApp, an emerging publisher of mobile learning applications, will be giving away copies of its three most downloaded apps to consumers to celebrate Christmas and the winter holiday season. The publisher will hold a contest to give out five free copies of each following app to lucky eligible customers: Pocket MBA – course book (for iPhone), MBA Learning Studio. Platinum Edition, and 3D Coloring Book for Kids: Christmas.
- As an early Christmas gift for kids, AlphaBELCH 1.1 is being given away free between Tuesday Dec 21 and Christmas Day. Created by million-selling children’s author Stephen White, the eBook is an A-to-Z listing of comical animals who burp, and contains a parent-pleasing lesson about manners to go along with the noisy fun. AlphaBELCH features not only White’s witty rhymes, but also his narration and sound design.
- Planet Next has announced that Drawthings, their sketching app for the iPad and iPhone that lets users jot down and share great-looking sketches in minutes, is on sale for the holidays, a savings of 40%. The app includes white-on-black and black-on-white drawing modes; the user can also draw in red. Users can send sketches to Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, and Tumblr, as well as saving them locally, emailing them, and printing them directly from the app.
- Happymagenta has released updates to its popular networking utilities for iOS including Scany, Nice Trace and others that handle many networking tasks – network and port scanning, server monitoring, network troubleshooting, penetration testing, tracing routes, accessing WHOIS, Geo IP and others. In addition to English the apps interface is now available in German, Italian, Dutch, French, Spanish and Russian localizations. Apps are optimized for Retina display, iOS 4.x and on sale at 50% off.
- In celebration of the winter holidays, MC Connection has announced a limited time only discount on LightboxHD, the developer’s multi-purpose photography presentation app created specifically for the iPad. LightboxHD is a unique application that allows users to showcase and compare photographs and other images directly through their iPad. A number of practical tools to help aide users when presenting images through this app are offered as well.
- Time to get ready for the new year. MileBug for iPhone is on sale at 33% off for Christmas through the end of December. MileBug helps those driving their own vehicles for business, or other reasons receive their reimbursement and/or tax deduction, and was featured in What’s Hot last January as it rose to #2 in Finance. From small to big business, from realtors to direct sales consultants, MileBug continues to serve those needing a mileage tax break.
- Skyyer Mobile Ltd. has announced a holiday discount on Skyyer, the developer’s travel library application for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Created to offer travelers with a single resource to acquire maps, city guides, and general tourist information regardless of where they may be in the world. A library of 1000+ high-definition photos are offered within every Skyyer city guide. Users can use this app to effectively educate themselves on various cities before they depart for their trip.
- To celebrate the release of their hugely successful apps, iStoryTime has announced a major holiday special offer. This limited time offer gives parents the opportunity to purchase some of iStoryTime’s quality apps, between now and December 17th. iStorytime’s storybook apps are perfectly created to entertain and educate children as well as keep them occupied while on-the-go. Your children will be delighted to receive gifts they can enjoy all year round.
- GeoGroups is offering a free GeoAlerts upgrade to its users through midnight Dec. 25th, 2010. Normally offered as an in-app purchase for a one-time fee of $3.99. GeoAlerts is the function within GeoGroups that notifies users when leaving or coming within a set distance of a location, point of interest or even another user. Parents can get a push notification when a family member arrives or leaves any set location like school or work (get those unwrapped holiday gifts hidden away in time) or join the Cali Snowboarding group and get notified when you are close to a great run.
- Best selling author Chuck Fischer is having a “12 Days of Christmas” sale. His featured Apple iPad App, Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol, will be offered for the special holiday price. Experience the wonder of this 92 page interactive app. Compelling animation, astonishing sound effects, and interactive illustrations immerse you in the world of Ebenezer Scrooge and Tiny Tim. Share the adventure of A Christmas Carol with your entire family for years to come.
- As we approach the Holiday season, Mobickus would like to offer the opportunity for you to share Kemba with your friends and family. For a limited time between now and Dec 31st 2010, they are offering everyone an upgrade to the full version of Kemba for $0.99 instead of the regular price of $4.99. Just download the free version of Kemba. After a successful download, tap “Info,” then tap “About,” then tap “Upgrade to full version.” Instead of being charged for the regular price of $4.99, the price of the full version is only $0.99 for the promotion period.
- newPCgadgets has announced their Half Priced Holiday Weekend Sale on the black leather iPad case with 3 position built in stand and attache style lock. Regularly $39.95, it’s on sale this weekend for $19.95.
- RadTech has announced their “I waited until the last minute” Holiday Sale. Receive 20% off nearly all of their stock by using the promo code LASTMIN. The promotion expires Monday, December 20th, 2010.
- Just in time for holiday gift-giving, IvySkin has announced that their SmartCase, the stylish, intelligent collection of iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G and iPad cases, are now shipping and are on sale with Free continental US shipping. The SmartCase, Reception and Quattro cases employ patented technology and design that redirects, charges and protects the iPhone 4, iPad and the new iPod touch 4G. IvySkin is extending its holiday offers until Dec 15th.
- Case-Mate is offering 30% off select iPad and iPhone 4 cases. Use coupon code “giftguide1″ when ordering to receive your discount. The offer expires at midnight EST 12/20/2010 – no rain checks.
- GelaSkins is offering free UPS shipping on all orders of $50 or more (U.S. and Canadian customers only). The special only lasts until December 31st, 2010. You have until the end of time, however, to take advantage of their buy three, get one free deal.
- Just in time for the holiday shopping season, Twelve South has announced that its BookArc Stand for iPad is now priced at just $29.99 – a savings of $10 from its original price of $39.99. This modern, elegant stand is the ideal iPad perch to place iPad while streaming videos to your widescreen TV via AppleTV and AirPlay. In addition, BookArc is perfect for home or office use, offering straight-up viewing or a reclined 75-degree viewing angle in either portrait or landscape positions.
- ClayWare Games has announced special holiday pricing on their Pad Bracket wall mount for iPad (also wall-mounts the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 in landscape orientation). One Pad Bracket iPad Wall-mount will cost only $19.95. Buy two, and get a third at half price. Buy three, and get one free.
For additional gift ideas, be sure to check out the Appletell Holiday Gift Guide.